Thirst for Knowledge

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ApolloLandscaping, Aug 16, 2007.

1. ApolloLandscaping

ApolloLandscaping LawnSite Member

I, like most on this forum, am a Newbie. From early childhood, I was forced into manual labor in my yard. Recently I have been doing landscaping oddjobs and really getting a knack for it. I am hoping to start up my own business in the near future, but want to start of by getting liability insurance because I value my life, my body parts, and my clients yards. I usually work in a group of 2-3 people and we would feel better if we had insurance. Any idea how much this would cost (ballpark) in central CT?

2. ccondie

ccondie LawnSite Member

its different prices for diff people. call your agent and have them figure you up a price.

3. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

General contractors insurance should run around $500-$600 a year, keep in mind that doesn't cover your equipment or workers comp. Prices vary depending on where you live and how much experience you have. Workers comp is based on your payroll (how much you pay out to employees ). You will want to have both if you have employees.

4. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

Liability insurance will cover you in the event that you do something accidentally that causes damage to someone or someones property. This includes things like running into a garage door with your mower, your mower throwing a stone into a kid, your gouging the side of a car a handheld, etc. It will not provide any health coverage. Workers compensation will provide for payments to employees who are injured during the execution of their duties on the job. The cost of these coverages varies from state to state and company to company. Call several insurance agents in your area to get quotes.

5. ApolloLandscaping

ApolloLandscaping LawnSite Member

thanks for your help and advice...I called an agent yesterday and for the low inquiry I sent in he said $627/year