This a good trailer?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

2. Adv.Wastewater

Adv.Wastewater LawnSite Member

in all seriousness, let me know what you think of the place, and if you happen to know the price of what you specified please let me know, i am in the market for a longer deck air brake trailer, would like to buy a used one just cant find what i want used...
  3. Dirtman2007

This trailer is listed at $12,485. new

This is a 25' trailer, 20' flat and a 5' dove.

For a extra 800 bucks you can get 25' flat and a 5' dove. This is probably what we will get, 5' extral trialer for 800 bucks and be a lifesaver!

I'll take plenty of pics, I've heard this is a huge place.
  4. Blue Goose

Blue Goose LawnSite Senior Member

5. Krafty

Krafty LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from St. Louis MO

I don't know about the bigger kaufman's but I have a 14k skid trailer and I am not at all impressed with it. jmo though. I know this would not be close for you but there is a trailer mfg here in st. Louis that make a really nice one. Here is a link to there site. again I am not sure about the big ones but there deckovers 16k trailers are amazing.
  6. Dirtman2007

The Kaufman weighs like 2000lbs more then this one and they have the same specs. Either the oak deck boards are water logged or there's right much more steel in the Kaufman.

I wish people would put prices on the web pages.
  7. Krafty

Krafty LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from St. Louis MO

hahaha I didnt even look into it that far. This one by me probaly would not be practal for you but man they are sweet. They have a transfer tank option that goes between the frame rail that might be something sweet for you guys if you are pulling it with a tandem.
  8. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Nice looking trailer, it even has the sissy steps on the sides.
    The only things to really look for is the spacing of the cross members for the wood deck and how many screws they used, and the most important is how well the ends of the deck boards are secured to the end of the deck where the dove tail is, I'm popping boards up because my deck is weaker than I thought.
  9. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

Why not get a tri axle so you can move the big excavators on it?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. DirtMerchant

DirtMerchant LawnSite Senior Member

Or the quality of steel is garbage, and the welders aren't very good at their jobs. Weight doesn't always equal strength.

But hey atleast you can haul the volvo late at night.:sleeping: