This customer is mental...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by zackvbra, Aug 14, 2014.

1. chefcam864

chefcam864 LawnSite Member

Dude, that is too strange... Did it take you a second to absorb what had happened? Was it one of those "is this $hit really happening right now" moments? That would have really thrown me for a loop. Some things are so out there you just can't ever see them coming. Weird, weird, weird. His wife will probably call you in two weeks and apologize for her drunk husband.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. zackvbra

zackvbra LawnSite Senior Member

I don't think there is a wife. The only other person I've ever seen there is the guys mom. She must stay with the kids when he's not there. Call her not me! Lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

Can you imagine what could have happened to that child if the wrong guy "took her to the dr"?

I'd definitely call the authorities about this because there's a VERY good chance that this wasn't the first time, and it probably won't be the last. Those children are in a very dangerous situation and don't know it!

And even scarier is the fact that no one may know it!

4. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Alabama

That kids safety is worth a lot more than $50 man no telling about this nutcase would definitely get someone involved for the kids before trying to get paid, people are freaking nuts these days

5. PenningsLandscaping

PenningsLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Id call child protective services. The guy is obviously nuts and he was willing to give his infant to a stranger to bring her/him to the doctor, he's definitely extremely irresponsible. Tell him you'll call if he doesn't pay, when he pays, call anyway. Get a GD taxi.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

That's crazy!!!

7. pseudosun

pseudosun LawnSite Bronze Member

i couldn't make that up. So sorry for his children that are being raised by him. You handled it well, I just don't know how I would have reacted. That's just over the top.

8. PicturePerfectLawns

PicturePerfectLawns LawnSite Gold Member

I agree with a few. Forget the court. Don't show up to cut the yard. And then spread the word around about him refusing to pay for services rendered to all the other LCO's. When he starts calling around for a new lawn guy after you show up and every body refuses, he'll get his act together.

9. mowisme

mowisme LawnSite Senior Member

I'd talk to him 'one' more time if it were me. I'd do as mentioned and inform him to pay for services or you will be talking to more people than the court people. Child protective services, ect.. Maybe even bring his Mothers name into the conversation (Even though not her problem) he may not want her to know how he's stiffing you or that he wanted to send her granddaughter with a stranger. Just think what would happen if She got hurt in your truck in a accident- He'd take you to the cleaners. I'd be mad too- Not sure what the right answer is but hope you win against that piece of dirt. What a legacy to impress on your Children. Hope his daughter don't grow up scamming or taking advantage of people like her Dad. Unfortanately it is the case many times.

10. yardmn13

yardmn13 LawnSite Member

One thing you could do is spraying grass and weed killer in the yard with a big F--- You in the yard. Never did it man, but I thought about it.