This customer is mental...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by zackvbra, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

You might be a Redneck if you want your grass cutter to take your daughter to the Doctor:laugh:
  2. RedSox4Life

RedSox4Life LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I agree $50 isn't worth the hassle
    However, proving to this idiot that he can't go around stiffing people for no good reason other than that he's an idiot is worth the hassle.

What universe did he grow up in where this is acceptable behavior.

And what woman was stupid enough to think this man should be procreating.
  3. pseudosun

pseudosun LawnSite Bronze Member

I would be scared to death to take that baby anywhere. No telling what someone will set up you with or accuse you of. No thanks.
  4. Outlawn

Outlawn LawnSite Senior Member

That's the kind of behavior that this guy in question would have if he had a mowing business. Wrong attitude.

I agree that the guy was out of line asking the OP to do that. Way out of line. I would contact CPS and let them take it from there. If the OP doesn't get paid, then chalk it up to trying to keep the kids safe. If you tithe, consider it part of your tithe for the month.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Charles "Rednecks" don't pay people to cut there grass.

I would stay as far away from that mess as I could, its not worth the 50$, and no telling what might happen.
  6. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I hear you...
    I'm not disagreeing about how you feel, believe me I totally get it.

But let word of how you handled your anger get around...
    Because it doesn't matter in this world how stupid our customers act.
    I have been surprised more than once, who knows who.
    And it can easily cost you even more than what you're thinking about.

Oh I can still get bent out of shape, too, don't get me wrong, nobody is perfect.
    But I've also nearly lost my business because of my attitude some several to many years ago.
    It's a lot like saying, how bad do you really want to be right?

So we have to learn to tolerate the nonsense, we really do.
    Let it roll off your back, that's supposedly why we grow a thick skin.

Not telling you what to do, you want to take it to court, that's your choice.
    Best of luck, however things work out for you.
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  7. zackvbra

zackvbra LawnSite Senior Member

I'm worried about the kids. What if he's mistreating them!! He seems too irresponsible and too mentally unstable to have those children. I tried calling him today, no answer. I'm going to defax in the morning. Maybe they can make them live with the guys mom. I don't even care about the money anymore.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. johnnybravo8802

johnnybravo8802 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Ga.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:Yea, and people wonder why we don't make big money doing this down here. I've been mowing in Ga. over 35 yrs now and I"m running into weirdos all the time. I used to mow a yard in highschool every 2 wks...I'd go pick up my money in the evening after the people got home from work. THe guy had a lot of bermuda in the yard so I'd cut it low and it was an obvious difference when youd mow. Also, that was before blowers so youd sweep off the big stuff but clippings were left.I went over to pick up my money one night and the man comes to the door and says, "I don't think it needs cutting!!!" I looked at him with a blank look and said, "I don't guess it does because I just mowed it this morning and now I need to collect my money." I'm thinking...clippings everywhere and the grass is obviously freshly mowed....:rolleyes: I got my money but was always weirded out after that. Not as good of a story but I see goof balls everyday down here.
  9. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

wow that is a strange one.

he could've just asked you to take him and his kids to the doctor to give them a ride and paid you some gas money. that would make alot more sense.
  10. zackvbra

zackvbra LawnSite Senior Member

Update. Child services said they will visit the house and speak with the guy and the children. Basically they can't take my word for it.
    Posted via Mobile Device