This ever happen to anyone?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SodFather, May 26, 2001.

1. SodFather

SodFather LawnSite Member

Hey everyone,

:angry: I had my truck parked in front of my house for a few days and would you believe I wake up the other morning to find a ticket for: Commercial Vehicle Parked over night--$250.00, I can't wait to find out who called it in! Well I guess Im gonna have to raise prices this month. Just wanted to vent.

Take care everyone.

2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I dont know why you would leave a company vehicle out in front of your house anyhow???

Personally I dont like to look at vehicles parked all over our street thats why we have driveways.

The other thing that I like is that there are ordinances about vehicles and no business' being run from the home where more than the homeowners vehicles can be parked in the driveways.

As far as you raising the prices to compensate for a $250 ticket, I would think that you would have adjusted your pricing structure accordingly so that if you needed to entertain a client that might run in acess of $250 - you were covered.

Just my nickle.
    Kris

3. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

You are the Sodfather.....have them...I mean the ticket "taken care of".

I agree with kris. Not knowing the law in your own neighborhood is no reason to raise prices. If you want to fight the ticket why don't you photograph other commercial vehicles in your area parked overnight. I know in my neighborhood we are not supposed to park commercial trucks at our property. I would guess that 1 out of every 4 houses has a truck in the drive whether its an electrician, plumber, roofer, or landscaper. It's a nice neighborhood, just happens to be blue collar. Nobody gets tickets for that and if they did, I would think it would be easy to fight.

jeffyr

4. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

here, its no parking on any public street overnight for any vehicle-$50 ticket. The cops on patrol have nothing better to do than chalk your tires at 1 am and return at 4 for a second look. You also are not allowed to park any vehicle overnight on or off street with commercial lettering, or any vehicle over 10,000 GVW in a residential area. No rat necessary, the patrolmen, once again, have nothing better to do than to check you out and write a summons.