This felt great!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by QualityLawnCare4u, Mar 15, 2006.

1. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Had a client last year, 40 dollar yard that dropped me for a 20 dollar lco. Called me yesterday and I did not return her call. Caught me this morning and asked me if I could start back doing her yard, her 20 dollar guy had quit showing up:laugh: I told her would be glad to but would now be 55 bucks and heard the gasping sound I love so much! She said had called several other lco and no one had returned her call. Also told her it would now be a signed contract which she scoffed at and I politely told her if she did not want me to do it I understood but was ready to go. She then asked me if I could come today since her yard was in such a mess and I told her sure I could but would be an emergency call at 100 bucks:laugh: She decided she could wait until I get there next Monday. I bet she has someone cheaper by the weekend and I dont care, it sure give me a warm cozy feeling not to have to do it. Let me cut my debt ratio just a little more and its going to get even better this year. Dang the skipped cut, can you come every 3 weeks, you are supposed to call me before you come Bulls--t! I actually could not have went today since Im truckless but I would have found a way if she bit the 100 bucks.

2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I thought you bought another truck.

3. ICE

ICE LawnSite Member

ATTA BOY Blackshear!! Glad to hear you still got it in ya! Let her have it for droping ya! :hammerhead:

Tim

4. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Thats what they get trying to get it for half price.

5. QualityLawnCare4u

No Jpocket, Im without a truck right now and I gotta get me one.

6. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

good for you:drinkup:

7. QualityLawnCare4u

Thanks, but I got 20 bucks that says she calls back before Monday to tell me she found another cheapo. She did tell me that "I was dang dependable, was there every time I said I would be". Hey, you get what you apy for. She is one if I get her back fine and if I dont thats fine to.

8. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

That's what I love about this job more than the pretty stripes.....

to be able to stand up to someone and basically say "I'm not a lowly old lawn guy... I don't NEED your stinking yard... forget it"

I enjoy that.

It's almost such a good feeling, some days I want to get new accounts so I can just say that to people.

9. burns60

burns60 LawnSite Senior Member

A word of caution to young business people: Although you may get that warm and fuzzy feeling from telling someone to "shove it" just remember that a smart ass reputation will precede you just like a "he does excellent quality work" reputation will.

Learn to handle all of your "bad times" like you handle all of your "good times" and you will build this reputation that will bring you more business than you can handle. Assumming that is what you want............

10. QualityLawnCare4u

Well burns, that is NORMALLY true unless you are in an area where there are one cheap lco for every person needing lawn care. I to agree with being nice but after 8 years of being nice, being sh-t on, and the unbelievable crap Ive had to endure it still feels dam good! This same lady when she dropped me last year told me that my work was superb and commented this time about how dependable I was, Im sorry Im not taking her back with kissy kiss open arms. There is a fine line between being a polite biz person and a "Im so desperate and Im glad you called me back, I will be glad to do your yard right now and for less than I did it last year" aint gonna happen.