1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

This Forum is Dead!

Discussion in 'Tanaka' started by Tanaka, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Where is everyone? Who's got Tanaka questions? This board is for you guys!

Don't make me post another product announcement!

Mark Woodling
  2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Mark, wished I had something to ask you. The closest dealer to me is 30 miles away, but will look at your product when its time to replace some worn out ones.
  3. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Mark...here's a Tip..

You need a product to get people talking about Tanaka...Something that distinguishes you from the other manufacturers.

String Trimmers...hedge trimmers...edgers etc. are All Pretty Much Equal between all the Big Boys..

Now if you could produce a Blower that outpowered the Redmax8000...You might get some Buzz going.

Do a search on RedMax & see how much Free Publicity they get from Simply having the World's Most Powerful Back Pack.

Trust Me.
  4. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

We're not dead, just hibernating.
    Thanks for the package in the mail Mark, looking forward to trying out the new line.
    Maybe you can set up some comparison testing with some of your equipment versus some things some guys on here are already using to generate some buzz on the forum. Maybe let a couple LCO's try out some of your hedge trimmers, or blowers, and compare them with what they are currently using. Just some thoughts.

Personally I haven't heard much about Tanaka, as is the reason I stopped by the booth to learn more about you guys.

Sometimes a lot of discussions come up in the other areas of the board where you can drop a line. Like people will ask... what's the best line trimmer for a beginner. you can always add like "check out our XXX line and give me a call if you have any questions" just my opinions. It doesn't seem like much gets discussed in these sponsor forums, but more importantly to you I would think, is what you could add to some of the discussions going on elsewhere.

Just my two cents.
    Thanks again for the package, I'll keep you informed on how it works for me.
  5. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I would like some literature on Tanaka products. I haven't seen any Tanaka equipment at any dealer close to me, but have seen a few trimmers on ebay, I would be particularly interested in the string trimmers, pole saw ect. I started off as a die hard Shindaiwa fan, it was the first I used and they were good to me until some of the units were stolen and the rest were worn out. Then I went to Kawasaki and have been very pleased in the prices and more so the lightweight and comfort. When the Kawa's wear out I may be up for a change.
  6. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

7. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Remember, just because your dealer is 30 miles away doesn't mean you have to settle for inferior products. Yo want to try Tanaka? Just ask me - we will make it happen.
  8. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Mark--Not much to say on this subject but since you brought it up here it goes.I just bought a TPE250PF stick edger from a friend of mine to try out and if I like it you will probably have another customer.Sorry thats it for now.
  9. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Great! Let me know how it goes.
  10. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Mark, I think you know that the problem is that not many of us run Tanaka equipment. What little I've read/heard about your equipment has been good but, your dealer network appears to be rather thin, if you know what I mean.

I realize that your sponsorship of this forum is a step in the right direction in so far as product exposure is concened but, this can only carry you so far. You simply must get your products in the hands of people that can provide the kind of "work of mouth" advertising that, if positive, spreads exponentially.

I realize I may have alluded to the problem without really offering any solutions. This is my opinion of what needs to be addressed before you go bonkers on a threadless forum.