This freaking edgit I bought is awesome...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dcplace2004, Apr 21, 2006.

1. dcplace2004

dcplace2004 LawnSite Senior Member

I agree that it is taking a little getting used to, but I almost ran today and gave a clean, crisp, straight edge. I am using .095 gator line and the customers are happy with what they see...it is a little awkward on the trimming, but worth it overall...

2. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

try using twisted line on it, even better!

3. dcplace2004

dcplace2004 LawnSite Senior Member

compared to my gatorline...my gatorline is pretty rigid...what does the twisted line offer as far in a physics standpoint? I need something that will not wear down with every little thing it hits...The Stihl green round line I have is junk and cannot hold up to the torque of the fs110r I have...I have to have STRONG line...it also has to hug the disk perfectly for a straight edge...Thanks...

4. CuttinUP

CuttinUP LawnSite Senior Member

The Rino-Tuff trimmer line is the best, longest lasting line on the market IMO.
    check it out at www.mowmore.com

5. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok Please let me know what a Edgit Is:confused:

6. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

If it is what i think it is then lets all throw our edgers in the ole shed with the rest of the ole junk

7. kbrashears

kbrashears LawnSite Senior Member

8. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

Saw a guy last week who looked like he was sleepwalking, no intense concentration and no outward facial expression of effort, and he was getting a beautiful edge with a plain old string trimmer. No way could I do that.

Is the edgit sort of like training wheels? If you used it awhile and then took it off could you still get the same results?

9. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

No, not like training wheels.

10. kipper

kipper LawnSite Member

When you are doing regular trimming does it keep crap from getting all over your armas and face?