This gave me a little chuckle

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by formerscrub, Feb 3, 2002.

1. formerscrub

formerscrub LawnSite Member
    from Florida

driving to one of my accounts yesterday i saw a new bright yellow corvette hauling a 16 foot trailer with a ztr and all his equipment on board. At first I thought that it was kinda strange and got a good laugh from it but then I started to wish I had that kinda vehicle to haul my stuff too!
    Anyone else see anything strange on the job?

2. Ford Tarrus wagon hauling 2 DC's

Same guy in a sedan

Nissan Sentra 2 door Wb and a ZTR, I have never seen before.

Low Rider S10 16' ZTR 60" WB 60" WB 36"

Landrover pulling a Bobact 873 with magnetic signs on side for landscaping. And this is his only truck.

'70s station wagon 20' trailer 1 encore WB 48"

I've seen some weird stuff over many years but the '70s wagon get me all the time I see them.

3. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

There's a Chevy 1500 long bed with cover, and extended cab that has a deep exhaust and is lowered a good deal, with smaller tires (not much smaller) and regular street tread, nice looking, anyhow i see it go by [my house] all the time, well one day it went past with a 16' or so tandem trailer with a Ford utility tractor and box blade. tractor was pretty far back, but it was sagging alot! i had to laugh at that..
    another one, a late 70's wagon with a small 40" x 48" utility trailer, with one push mower in the trailer, goes by all the time... these are the oddest i have seen yet, not the best stories....

4. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

there is a girl here who pulls a little 4x8 with a new VW beetle.

5. BRIAN GALLO

BRIAN GALLO LawnSite Senior Member

There is a guy around here that hauls a 6 1/2' x 16' tandem trailer with a zrt, Craftsman riding mower and a whole bunch of other stuff jammed on it using a small Ford Bronco II! The back end sags so much you can't see the tops of the rear tires! I do a doubletake every time I see that guy!

6. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

3 wheel bicycle pulling small trailer with 22 inch murry and various weedeater brand hand held units..At first I chuckled but then thought to myself this guy is working and doing his best..He did this for a couple of years, I have not seen him in a year..for all I know he could be in a 2000 crew cab and have a couple of Z's..I have to hand it to him atleast he was trying his best and working..even if he was on wellfair and food stamps atleast he was not sitting on his duff..I hope he did well and has advanced, it would be a true sucess story...another odd one would be 2 old retired men in a 80's model chevy citation ( I hope I spelled that right) pulling a 5X10 single axle with a couple of 36's and various hand held equip:rolleyes:

7. Grass_Slayer

Grass_Slayer LawnSite Member

see if ur truck is lowered like that u need to put air shocks in the back. i did and it sure makes the ride better. everybody should think about it cause it keeps the rear from sagging when u pull a load.

how bout a ford fiesta with 10 80# bags of quickcrete under the hatch, and five sheets of 3/4 inch plywood strapped to the roof. the shock had gone through the towers in the back by the way!

8. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

z28 with a home depot ''landscaper'' package, several minivans with trailers and mowers

9. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

back in 92 my truck broke dn and i put a hitch on a festiva,
    an got by. guess it did look funny,but the hitch is still on that old car,just in case. :) later now

10. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Funning site,
    A 16-18 your old guy with a Landrover pulling a 14' trailer with a Toro WB and a Walker.
    Guy with an old old Chevy PU with a trailer so rotten. There were several peices of plywood scraps filling in the holes in the bottom of the trailer. Still lots of light shinning through to trailer floor.
    Susuki Sameri (sp) pulling a trailer with a 60" Dixie and a small WB.
    2002 Chevy 3/4 four door 4x4 with 20 foot car hauling trailer and one 48 inch WB.