This guy came up and asked if I was spraying pesticides

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Albemarle Lawn, May 12, 2002.

1. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

We were spraying at a store.

I said no, just roundup weed killer.

He said, "DAMN! I was gonna get you to spray inside my pants"

Gotta be rough living with something that don't wash off. I heard those crabs bite hard!

2. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Since when isn't round up weed killer a pesticide?

3. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

weed killer=herbidice
    insect control=pesticide

4. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Do you have your pesticide license? If you do, you should know that herbicides are indeed pesticides. They are pesticides for plants. Pesticides include herbicides, insecticides (for insects), rodenticides (for rodents), alagcides (for algae), fungicides (for fungus) etc. They are all considered pesticides, just for different pests.

5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Albemarle, thanks for the info I didn't know that was the difference.

6. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

The nice thing about this forum is that some of these types of questions can be answered without repercussion. This is how we (as a group) can educate each other.

It's nice we have this forum..... isn't it??

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Aohhhhhhhhhhh, K.?:rolleyes:

8. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Okay, I was being a smart azz.
    That was the first thing our instructor tried to catch us all on the first class test.

9. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i still agree with albemarle lawn.
    it takes a pesticide license,but in my opinion theres a difference between a pesticide and herbicide . no biggee tho.

10. fireball

fireball LawnSite Member
    from ne Pa

You should have said "Sure, drop your pants, that will be $75.00"

We take care of a large health care system with several large hospitals. People are always approaching the employees with requests to pee in bottles and go inside and take a test for me. Picture ID's and temperature sentisive bottles have diminished these requests in the last few years though.

Several years ago, one of my employees who is a brittle diabetic was approached in front of a methadone clinic at 8th&giuard in Phiily. Guy says he will pay him to pee in the jar. My guys says he doesn't want his pee because he is a brittle diabetic. Guy says he doesn't care and offers him a $100.00. My guy takes the money and pee's in the bottle. Twenty minutes later, the guy comes out of the clinic shaking his head, goes up to my guy and tells him according to the urine test, he died two days ago.