This had to have sucked!!!!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by KCfireman, Dec 14, 2008.

1. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

Happened in Salina, Kansas on Intertate 70, the busiest trucking route in the United States, driver was inside the truck for up to 3 hours before he freed him self and flagged down a passing truck. Cause? Blown out tire.

2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Sir, do want insurance on your package? How much?............Naw what could happen...........I'll role the dice. However it absolutely, positively needs to be there overnight. No problem sir. You have my word on it.:laugh:
  3. KCfireman

About those packages sir......well......their not coming....cause their all wet!
  4. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

UPS says>>>>>>>>>> no problem,we can come pick them up.:)

Fed Ex drivers around here don't even know where you live,plus the last two snows Fed Ex drivers ditched there semi truck( double trailers) ,,both time on I 35.

Next time he will have to use the excuse........... it was a deere(4 legged):laugh: !!!!!!:usflag:
  5. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Fedex has to be the worst shipping company ever. DHL is the better companies atleast you get your parcels. Fedex has some person that can't speak english on the customer service phone.
  6. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

That's why I ship my stuff with the US postal service!:laugh:

Don't show me this stuff... I never get insurance... I rather risk a $300.00 package than pay $3.00 for insurance on it... What's wrong with me:hammerhead:
  7. KCfireman

UPS by far is the best shipping company out there. They are the best in management and driver training. Fed Ex ground is all owner operated. Those trucks are all owned by the driver/operator, not the company. Thats why they have the highest incident records in the industry, because they have to meet a deadline everytime they pick up a new load. I know this because my dad is a 27 year employeee of UPS.
  8. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

9. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Took me about 30 seconds but:laugh::laugh:
  10. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

not here in the US. I had a package once w/ DHL next day air and it took 3 months to get here. Thank goodness they are finally closing down, now I don't blame the Germans (DHL is a branch of the German post office) but I'm glad they're leaving the US market, honestly w/ fedex, UPS and USPS there wasn't any room for a 4th courier