This has been a great fall

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nitrotim, Nov 26, 2005.

1. nitrotim

nitrotim LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

After the drought we went through in SEPT the fall turned out to be a good one after all. I have turned five cleanups into customers for the 2006 season and I still have a few more to go.

2. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Hey Tim, glad to hear that. We have had a really great fall as well. Seeding got short cut a little bit this year with the cold weather coming in early, but maintenance and installs are still rolling. I'll start dormant seeding around the second week of December. Before you know it, it'll be time to get the mowers ready for springpayup

3. nitrotim

from nj

One thing I am going to is continue to advertise right through winter. I think the minimal cost is worth it even though people tend not to think about lawns until late winter early spring. Alot of leaves haven't fallen yet here and I think we will probably get snow before they do so I am going to anticipate a brisk spring cleanup season as well.

4. impactlandscaping

Tim, you have to think ahead to get ahead...you're well on the way.BTW-How did the Velke mower work out this summer?

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

The Fall has been good to us as well. Weather has cooperated for the most part except for a few windy days. It will be interesting what we do this Fall as opposed to last year.

6. nitrotim

from nj

Bill, I bought the Velkie about a month ago. It was an 04 with 3 hrs on it and the dealer gave me a great price on it. 3600 with the VELKIE single wheel ( which I sold and replaced with Jungles Wheels) and a Grass gobbler. I was already used to the controls because they are simlar to my Sentar's. I loved the ferris I had but I picked up 4 properties with slopes and the single Hydro wasn't cuttin' it. LOL.

7. impactlandscaping

Rod, we are going to finish final cuts this week and final cleanups next week. Even with the hot, dry summer, we still managed to squeeze out 2 more cuts than last summer so far. I think it was 2001, we were still mowing the second week of December here. It was in the 60's, and we finished a paver walkway on Dec. 23. I could handle another fall /winter like that this year.payup

8. impactlandscaping

Tim, that was a goood price for that mower, especially with the GG bagger. We are buying another Wright in the spring, possibly two more if I can find another reliable laborer in the spring. With over 16 months on ours, I'll never look back..lol I did speak to an R&D guy with Everride at Expo, and I'm curious to see about the new Scorpion this spring. As soon as they make some changes from the GD GEN II SS unit, I am going to demo one. Their tunnel deck is awesome, and they are going to adapt it to the Scorpion stand ons. With that deck, and the right controls/engine, they could be on to something.