1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

This is a Good Customer!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J Hisch, Jan 6, 2005.

1. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

After the snow storm that had us busy for a week. A customer of mine calls and says, you did my driveway while I was out of town. I didn't see a bill would like for me to send a check? I was like "uh I totally forgot about you." I was dumb founded. I almost gave it to her for free becasue of her honesty. Then I called the employee in who was supposed to record the work he did and ask him how come he didnt record it. His response " uh I dunno.... I want more customers like this.
  2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

J HISCH--I personally believe there are more customers out there like yours than there are those trying to screw you.

most people only want a fair shake.

they want to get what they were promised and pay for what they get.

GEO :)
  3. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Yes, more customers like her and less employees like him :)
  4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Those words were out of my mouth before I even scrolled down and saw your post.

I would hope that you gave them employee some stiff words.
  5. scaglawnsnj

scaglawnsnj LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

that means you got their trust, you must be a good landscaper..i have dun that before..i love good customer loyaty..in fact most of mine send the check before the bill hits them...wow