This is a kinda cool Bridge

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by sheshovel, Feb 2, 2006.

1. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Anybody ever built one of these?I think it's a cool little bridge over a Koi pond at my supply yard

2. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

I think Treedoc posted some pics of a large bridge he built.

3. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

We have a glass bridge going over a raceway with stainless steel side rails down in Coronado. 2" thick glass with sandblasted traction points, 2" thick. I tried like heck to get the owner to let us form the thing and pour it but he wanted glass. Nonetheless, cool effect. Is that Quartzite on the top? Hardest most digusting stone to work with know to man. Looks good when done though....

4. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Yep I believe it is Quartzite flag

5. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

looks good! I love the natural stone bridges.

chris

6. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Ya that looks very cool..

have you got a pic of that glass bridge uni?

7. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I think that looks pretty good.

8. MarcusLndscp

MarcusLndscp LawnSite Senior Member

Very cool, I love different applications of stone work like that. Do you know what the main structure of it's made of??? Was it just a concrete arch they mortared flagging on to?

9. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

It's not built yet. The owner had his son who owns a welding shop make it and heez one of those touchy feely get it done whatever folks living inside a blue bubble.

So, I'm thinking I'll check back in March to see if the guys moving along.

10. MarcusLndscp

MarcusLndscp LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone else have pics of cool bridges they've built? Wood,stone, or any other material. Here's one some of you may have seen before of a bridge we built. We designed the whole thing. We gave a fabrication shop the description of what we wanted w/ the appropriate dimensions/arch and they built us a frame that we then added decking to and all the cedar railings and light posts. The structure sits on jersey barriers...one on each side and is bolted right to the topside of the barriers.
    Sorry, Sheshovel. Not trying to hijack your thread, rather get some more involvement in it. Good topic that we've never really discussed before.

bridge.JPG