This is a lowballer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnman_scott, Jun 21, 2005.

1. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I found this on a road where i have 2 customers. They are 1-2 acre lots in this area. I think he wasted his time. I was just wondering if his discount for year round service is cheaper than his listed rates.

2. JRAZ

JRAZ LawnSite Member
    from NW

Dude, that's probably the average flyer for some of the guys on here. I didn't realize edging is spelled "edgeing"?
  3. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

Made me think maybe the smaller lawns are getting a goat tied up to center stake.
  4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Bet he tells every potential customer that they have a large or extra large lawn. Just because someone prints that price does not mean there actually going to do the work at that price. Just good salesmanship to get his foot in the door
  5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah well whenever I find litter like that I keep it so when I get a low-baller for an estimate, I give them that when they ask me if I can do it cheaper.
  6. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I wonder how much he charges for the "spraying"?
  7. dcplace2004

dcplace2004 LawnSite Senior Member

They give lawn care professionals a bad name...ok, unfareway, I know you have something to say about this subject...
  8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I was kind of wondering the same thing. It probably all depends on whatever Walmart or Home Depot is charging for their "stuff" that day.
  9. joeg2246

joeg2246 LawnSite Member

Heck they have been doing that in retail sales for many many years. Once he gets the call then he pours the charm on and gets a contract.

Who knows maybe he has a wife and a couple kids to feed..
  10. BrunswickMowing

BrunswickMowing LawnSite Member

What does that have to do with anything?