1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

this is driving me crazy.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lawnwizards, Feb 24, 2006.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i've been looking on the net for a website that can make me black and white flyers on color paper. does anyone know a website that can do what i want. i don't want color or 2 color or any color. i want simple black and white flyers. thanks for any help.:hammerhead:
  2. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

have you tried Kinko's Office Depot and Office Max....
  3. TopNotchLS

TopNotchLS LawnSite Member

I did 5200 flyers last year. Bright green paper with black ink. It cost about $300, plus I had them insterted in the news paper for $180. I had the flyers done at staples they were the cheapest store here in town.
  4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah and Office Max is far cheaper, they sell bright yellow paper as an example.
    Now what you do is you buy the paper first, then get them to print it on that.
  5. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

if you have a laser printer and are doing less than 8,000 or so, it is cheape to do it your self it costs about 3.5 cents a page (including paper and toner)
  6. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh, and a side note, if you don't have a laser printer, don't buy one just for printing flyers, then it will be cheaper to go to staples. I made this mistake and wish i hadn't.
  7. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Call local shops, I got prices that no online printer or local chain stores can touch. 16,000 black ink on yellow paper for $365

doorhangersetc can do black ink on color paper but its alittle pricey, they wanted 500 and some for 16K. Still pretty cheap for 16K but not as cheap as local.
  8. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

Lawnwiz, check this site out, http://door-hangers-direct.com/drprint.htm
    I did a lot of checking around and they are very competitive on price and on what you can get. I actually ended up using a local small shop because they were within $15.00 of their price, and it was local. Anyway, hope this helps you a bit. Jeff
  9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

So, do you have to do the printing on the doorhangers from the site you listed yourself, i can't find where to design them on that site.
  10. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry, been at the lawn & garden show. You have to have them "file" ready
    in other words design them yourself or have someone do it for you and send the file via e-mail. (print shop, adobe, even word, though its not the best program for anytype of art work) There is also a shipping cost, call the number and give your zipcode and she will give you a price. It will be much cheaper for you then it was for me.( I am on the Left coast ha ha) anyway hope that helps. By the way shipping 10,000 for me was $95.00. Like I said, cheaper for you though. Jeff