This is Farewell.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by -, Apr 5, 2001.

1. Guest

Well, guys after a few years in the business I'm calling it quits. Sold my Biz and its final.

Too tight of market here in Fla, too hot and humid. :) Anyway, thanks for all the advice that inabled me to build this business into something worth selling. I've learned more on this website than any other source, except trial and error, and most of that error coming from trying to do things different than what the old timers on here have told me. "I've found a better way to do it." LOL !!!!

Anyways, good-bye and good luck out there.

Mike Reynolds
    GrassRoots Lawn Care
    New Smyrna Beach, FL

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Sorry to hear about this, but we can always give you advice as a homeowner. :)

Stop back and visit when you can. What are you going to do now for income? I don't think I could take that heat and humidity down there either. Good luck to you.

Eric

3. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

I can only imagine working in that heat down there. I cannot stand the few days in the high eighties that we have here.

What are you doing now since sold biz?

4. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Skookum it only gets in the eightys up north? Man what a blessing,im down here in southern In. Right on the Ohio River. It get so hot and humid here its hard to take and im 51yrs old now. I really just have to work at my own pace and take a few more breaks that you young fellows.Well back to the topic,sorry to hear about your business but you know whats best because your the one out there in that heat,good luck on you new job or whatever you plan to do and God Bless. Marks Mowing Service

5. Chopper Lover

Chopper Lover LawnSite Senior Member

Mike...

I would like to congratulate & commend you for building your business into "something worth selling". It shows all of us that building a thriving business can be done with hard work and perseverance... And a little help from the "old timers" at Lawnsite!

Best of luck in your next "adventure".

Mark

6. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Good luck Mike! Feel free to come back and visit us. What are you going to do for a living now?

7. ron

ron LawnSite Senior Member

Well Mike good luck to ya,

8. Turfclippings

Turfclippings LawnSite Member

i know what ya mean Mark. I am from Indy, and visit Evansville on the 4th of July and i cant sitting on the river for fireworks, its so humid, it doesnt get that bad up here, but if i lived down there i wouldnt be doing lawncare.

Kevin@Turfclippings

9. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Not to upset anyone but I think there is a bad misconception about Fl. weather. I lived in Cinti. until 3 years ago when we moved down here. Cinti in the summer was terrible. Hot, humid and smog! Down here where we are, there is no industry to ruin the air and the heat just lasts a little longer, it's really no hotter here at least in my opnion. I used to feel the same until I actually moved here. Sorry to get a little off subject. Good luck to you Mike.

10. AVRECON

AVRECON LawnSite Senior Member

Good luck 2 u. I was about to hang it up this year also, but with the economy slipping, I had to stay. But I'm pushing hard for new customers this year and if it doesn't turn around I will be forced to get out.