Lawn Care Forum banner

This is for those who have responded to the # of accounts this year...

2K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  railman 
#1 ·
How have you obtained those accounts?

Fly distribution?

Mailing postcards?

Door Hangers?

Ads?

Word of mouth?

People just stopping you while doing other work?

I ask this because I'm about to get started advertising for my business. I know it seems a little late but we have been lacking in rain for a while here and a lot of the neighborhoods I wanted to target the grass looked horrible so I've held off.. Rain is starting to come and its starting to heat up so I know people are going to be looking..

Thanks.

#2 ·
I've gotten customers from all of those.

#5 ·
Yea I'm not worried about my quality of work. I've done this for 4 years. But working with my best friend and his dad. I quit last year for personal reasons. I learned a lot of rights and wrongs working with them. There is a lot of things they did I didn't like and I saw the errors in the way they run their business. They've been around for 10+ years and I'm starting with 0 customers so I know its going to be hard to get things going.

I already have my equipment I just have to get out and about and start my advertising campaign!

I flyers or door hangers are going to be the first thing I do. Mainly targeting yards that are overgrown already.

#6 ·
Once you get larger you will find that you need to get rid of some captial, one way to do this is to go purchase new trucks, and or new mowers.

However depending on your size at the time, you need to spend X in advertisement.

the only thing I seen you forgot is Radio ad's. We have just landed two new accounts totaling roughly 3 to 4 thousand a month, simply from radio ads.

depending on your area it can be very cheep.

remember to SPEND MONEY....... it all comes back with it's brothers and sisters....

#12 ·
Flyers Mailed post cards& news paper add

#13 ·
I got a lot of new customers by word of mouth,craigslist and flyers. now that its hot more people is looking for someone to do there yards. this past weekend alone I got 5 new accounts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.