This is going to change how landscapers and other small business's get paid!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by soloscaperman, Jan 19, 2010.

1. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

That sure would be nice, it's the only thing that's kept me from accepting CC's all these years.

3. THC

THC LawnSite Silver Member

For that I'd give up the blackberry. But are they saying ANYONE can accept credit cards? There must be more to it. They are insinuating that you do not have to be set up to accept CC's.

4. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

I can't see how that changes anything , I never see 90% of my clients

5. lawnangel1

lawnangel1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

Exactly. If someone pays us with a cc they just call us up and give us the number and we punch it in. Its a neat gadget but a little unsecure and unprofessional in my view.

6. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I would hate to have to do point of sale transactions at every customer. gonna add an hour to your day easy...

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I can see what you mean in terms of transmission intercepts...
    I can actually catch certain cellular calls on my scanner, they're not supposed to bleed over into those frequencies...

And I've heard folks keying in their numbers for an over-the-phone banking transaction,
    now if I were a hacker all I would need is some device that decodes the keypad tones.
    Whether that would get me any sort of useful backdoor access is another story, but it's still scary.

I do however REFUSE to use a knuckle buster, that's no better than getting a check in terms of NSF issues.

No worse than having to make out all the bills and depositing the checks.

8. C&R_Lawn_Care

C&R_Lawn_Care LawnSite Member

i have tha app on my iphone and i love it ....

besides long care i teach Cpl or call CCW classes and i have alot of those customers pay that way..

9. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I could print/fold/mail 300 bills in 2 hours. you figure even if it only took 60 seconds for each transaction. each month you be into 5 hours just swiping credit cards. Banks were easy. write up a deposit slip and drop in the mail.. and now with the home check scanners its even easier...

besides once you go t home you'd still need to get into QB and reconcile the account to show that you've been paid....

Handy...yes revolutionize the lawn care industry...hardly... Nextel has had card readers for quite some time...

10. Kutz Lawns

Kutz Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

And after the CC company takes their percentage...............?