This is gonna be a long one... Sorry in advance, I've got no one else to ask.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Above Par Lawns, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Above Par Lawns

Above Par Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

That's exactly what want! My wife is very supportive because her and I pretty much switched rolls. I was making 60k a year when I was 19-23 and she didn't work while she went to school full time. My job was night shift and when we had our child I quit the job. She finished her masters degree and now has the great job while I'm slacking. So we can get buy even if I have a terrible year but I just want to maximize the amount of money I bring in this year any way i can. If I can get by doing both I would do it in a heartbeat.

2. Above Par Lawns

I've always been a risk taker!
    How many customers did you have?

3. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Your not slacking, your supporting each other for even a better future for your family in the future. Your lucky to have her being the bread winner for now, it will allow you to put all your energy in building your own business. It doesn't take too many lawns to make up that $8.00 an hr. I have no doubt you'll make that up and more if you push it full time. Enjoy the family in any down time. That's what's all about.

4. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

5. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Dump the golf coarse and go full time. Enjoy your family and build your business.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. aaronmg

aaronmg LawnSite Senior Member

That sucks about the snowblower.... We always say here in the mountains the second you buy a snowblower you will never use it til the next year.. sort of like a generater never wanna be in the situation to use it!!!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  7. Above Par Lawns

Thanks. I am very lucky to have her.

8. Above Par Lawns

No **** man! The worse part is when we were SUPPOSED to get like 4" I gassed it up the day before to get her ready and all we got was a dusting. So now it's got gas in the tank and won't be used till next winter. Hopefully!

9. Will P.C.

Will P.C. LawnSite Senior Member

Ditch the golf course and jump in with both feet. I have worked at 2 golf courses and loved it. The pay just sucks even as an assitant super. The supers make okay money, but def not enough for how hard they work. The Mexicans have taken over the labor side in the golf biz.

You have a major advantage that most people don't have and that is your wife's income. I also think working for a golf course is a much greater learning experience than operating a blower for some other LCO.

10. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd do both for the first year and look at it again and then decide. I work at UPS @ about 15 hours a week but it's for insurance and not enough for any real money. I work from 5am- to about 8am Mon-Fri.