This is how I use blowers...anybody else?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawntime Mowers, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Lawntime Mowers

Lawntime Mowers LawnSite Member
    from KC MO

If we need to move allot of grass off drive/walkways, We fire up TWO hand-held blowers, one in each hand.
    Walk down the center of a drive with blowers pointed left and right.
    And walk down sidewalk with both pointed to L/R edges. You don't have to move ends back and forth, just walk in a straight line

I started trying this one day and it just worked great for me. I was just curious if anybody else uses this technique?

2. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Yes, it is really fast.

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Nope, I only own one handheld blower.

4. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I actually go over the walks/lot w/ the mower first. Then there is minimal grass to blow off anyways. Another technique to use for larger lengths is to hop on the Z & hold the blower in one hand & the controls in the other. I do this on all of my big parking lots & long sidewalks.

5. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

Get a BR600 and you will not need two blowers. I can clear a 2 car drive way with one pass by walking down the middle and sweeping the nozzle back and forth, and that is doing it as fast as I can walk.

6. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

You can also just walk in the lawn & blow it to the other side of the sidewalk. Then you don't have to move back & forth.

7. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Where it really saves time is after you have edged and you have dirt and little tufts of lawn everywhere. I can clean a sidewalk faster with two hand-helds than with the backpack blower, but then my backpack wasn't a Br600 or an EBZ8000:cry:
    You will notice that the Br600 is on my 2007 wish list, in the wish-list thread.

8. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Two blowers really help when u have tall turf edging a walk. You focus one blower down against the edge line and the other up to blow the clippings into the yard. Windy days they help a lot too.

9. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

One good BP Blower does the job. Two guys on a good bp is even better.

The only reason I personally go down both sides is that I want to make sure that the edges are clean. What is the sense of making nice edges if you are going to fill them back up with clippings?

I know that it probably wastes a couple of minutes on each property, but I believe that the add on bonus is customer satisfaction, neighbor appreciation, and future business.

10. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

Have tried 2 handhelds together and I works pretty good. See alot of guys using 2 to blow out beds in the fall.