this is how you fit 3lbs of poo in a 2lb bag!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by BSDeality, Jul 7, 2004.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Around here, Mr. DOT man would redflag you.

What's the weight rating for the trailer? AND in MN you're required to have breaks with a breakaway switch.

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

WOW ;)

It DOES look red necky!

Now all you need are some big ole air horns, lighted bumper guides, and mudflaps with the Ka-Rome nekid ladies on them.

As for trailer brakes. Usually single axle trailers have under a 3500lb GVWR and are exempt from state inspection and brakes.

3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

its a 3500gvrw. i'm well under that with the z @ ~1150 and the wb @ 500 and trailer weighs in at about 750 i believe.

I'm looking at a 7x16 big tex trailer, i can't decide if it'll be too large for the dodge though.

4. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

I would use ramps and load the walk behind on the trailer then up the ramps onto the truck. This way you have the mower on the truck and ztr on the trailer.

5. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I think you will be fine with a 16' trailer and your Dodge. Just make sure the trailer has brakes.

6. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I also have a 16 foot trailer that I pull with a 1500 so you should be fine hope you get it soon.

7. BSDeality

BMFD92, the mower will not fit from the side, i tired.

i think i'm going to look at trailers today since its rainin.

8. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a feeling thats illegal

9. clc2003

clc2003 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ia

Hey BSDeality, How much is that 7x16 gonna cost ya? I am looking for a bigger trailer too. R U going to get a side gate for your WB?

10. BSDeality

I'd love to know why you all think its illegal? the loads are all secured with 3" straps. it ain't goin no where.

anyways, i went and looked at a Big Tex 60SP. 16fter. tandem w/ elec brakes on one axle. $2289+tax.

and yes, I'll fab my own side gate.