This is how you take care of trimming shrubs.

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by QualityLawnCare4u, Apr 19, 2006.

1. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Last year I did a bottom feeders shrubs that had not been done in quite awhile. I trimmed it all down to the bottom of the window and I will say it looked good. However, like everyone else she complained "you did not cut it low enough" even though I took anywhere from a 6 inches to 4 feet off of some. She has azaleas, hollys, yoplait hollys,boxwoods,roses, and several more kinds. Well, she dropped me over a cheaper service and this year her lco did not show up for some reason, cant imagine that! I take her back with a 15 dollar increase to mow and edge. She wanted her shrubs done again since the other lco did not do them.Yesterday I did the first hedge of azaleas and she comes out to look and the same crap I hear so often "you did not cut it short enough". Her daughter was with her and said "Mom, I think it looks fantastic, if he goes any lower it will be ugly" She kept standing there making faces at it and Im already in a real foul dont give a s**t mood as I have not told her yet she will soon be hunting another lco. I told her "m,am, stand right here one second" and went and got my chainsaw out of the truck. Walked up to the first big holley and fired up the saw BRRRRR I took that dam bush to the dirt, then went to the next row of azaleas BRRRR to the dirt without saying a word or looking at her. I then shut off the saw and said "M,am, by god is that low enough for you now" and to my surprise she said "yes, thats what I wanted last year". Her daughter told her it was ugly but she did not care. The client then said "but if I cut them short want have to pay again for awhile". Having had enough of this I said, (and I know this was rude and unprofessional but my attitude has gone real bad real fast) M,am, you are just like everyone else in Blackshear, you are a cheap penny pinching tightwad who does not care how their place looks. Once again she laughs and agrees! In the next 3 hours I laid waste to some fine looking shrubbery after telling her it may not come back but she said that was fine. Why the *** do people plant the stuff then want it cut to the dirt? I dare anyone to tell me their shrubs are not short enough today or ever again:laugh: I kept thinking I could insult this lady enough to fire me but did not work:laugh: On the plus side her daughter did have on a real thin nightgown and she looked as hot as my temper was.:)

2. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

hey quality, what's the address. i want to ride by and see if i can see the bush..errrrrrr, i meant the low cut shrubs........praying for rain........

3. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

"a bottom feeder"?

your a fool if you judge people like that that you do work for!

4. tm ent.

tm ent. LawnSite Member

LMAO thats some funny stuff!!

5. Badgerz

Badgerz LawnSite Member

Great story. I don't think I would have gotten bent out of shape over it. She wants them short, cut them short. If it's down to the dirt so be it. Her choice. :)

6. 04TurfT

04TurfT LawnSite Senior Member

hahahhahahaahaha I like the daughter part......:clapping:

7. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Normal Al, Ive done biz with this lady before and thats exactly what she is and before you judge me come walk in my shoes awhile.

8. txcamper

txcamper LawnSite Member

Great story! Especially liked the sound effects.