1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

This is my first......??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ky. Jones, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Ky. Jones

Ky. Jones LawnSite Member

I have owned my own business for three years and grown every year into a good small business. I have decided to jump in with both feet. I am bidding on some apartments. There are 90 4-plexes. Cut,trim and blow only. The buildings are all pretty much together, I would only have to drop equipment twice and only about a mile apart. These are owned by an association. I know what I need to make and what I usually make. I three other sets of plexus in groups of two. My question is how much if any would you take off your normal bid because of the convenience of them all being together. I was thinking around 10%, this would still be a good profit and cover everything. I really want this job its close to home and I do alot of my other business in the immediate area.
  2. mownredneck

mownredneck LawnSite Member

I wouldn't take off anything.
  3. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

When I do a bid we always come out with a high figure and a low figure. Anywhere in that area we make money. If they are close by and easy to work with ( ie they pay their bills ) we go with the low end. If they seem like they may be a pita, we go for the high end of the bid. But I would not "take off" anything.
  4. theturfsurfer

theturfsurfer LawnSite Member
    from mtka,MN

I too would not take anything off the quote. If you feel your price is what you need to make a fair profit than stick to your price. Don't just lower your price to get the job , instead justify why your price might be higher. There is always someone who is going to be able to do the job cheaper so sell your self on quality.
  5. aries

aries LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

I would never take anything off the qoute stick to your numbers!!!