This Is My New Site!

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by McKeeLand, Jun 11, 2007.

1. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

Just got done redesigning my site. What do you guys think, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. the link is at the bottom.

2. Bill S

Bill S LawnSite Member

Not bad, clean and easy to navigate!

I would suggest in your photo gallery that you put buttons on so clients can scan at their own speed or go back to a photo they liked. I thought the delay between photos was too long, you almost lost my attention span when the first photo rolled into the second.

You may also want to add the googlebot tag...

3. McKeeLand

that was my exact thought on the gallery too. we are having them change that. what is the google bot?

4. Bill S

Bill S LawnSite Member

meta tag for googles spider (googlebot)

5. Turf Troll

Turf Troll LawnSite Member

This is in your keyword meta tag "serving all of atlantic" Keywords are words/phrases you believe people will type in a search box looking for something, so if you think someone would type in "serving all of atlantic" then leave that in.

"and salem counties" the word "and" really stops so salem counties wouldn't register. Then the word "counties" do you think someone would type that in on a search. Or "salem counties".

You live or operate out of Mays Landing, it is not one of your keywords for you would want the towns you want to work in on your page and in your keywords.

Keywords are the words you think people type in to solve their problem.
    Keywords that are in your meta tag need to be on the page.

"Landscaping Mays Landing" is a phrase that I would want for a keyword or
    ""Atlantic City" Where ever you want to work or want work from,

This link to the people who design your site isn't good for your site, "website designed & hosted by Websketching.com "
    to get your site index and crawled and improve in page rankings you want incoming links, like the one in your sig. line as your site builds trust you don't want to send it to another site, the more links pointing to your site the better for your site.

Good Luck

6. RGCarr

RGCarr LawnSite Member

I know I'm a newbie but I just wanted to post on this really quick. Many designers will take their footer off for an additional fee but it's beneficial for both parties involved to keep it there, especially when it's so small and unobtrusive. Remember if a designer has their link on your site they probably have your site linked in theirs (McKee has two links on their front page) . If they did your logo work too, you're probably in there more than once. Not to mention, designers have their own forums and often post sites that they've done in the past to explain how to solve problems or for techniques. Plus if someone is searching for the designer, the text from your site will likely come up.

Just something to think about.

7. McKeeLand

thanks for input so far guys, i am working on some of those suggestion now with the designer.

8. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

Check out this page here....

http://www.mdvaden.com/applegate_valley.shtml

Just under the map, after the link for the Bigfoot trap, is a link for the McKee bridge -VIDEO link.

Thought you might get a kick out of that. Old covered McKee bridge..