This is my thoughts... any feed back?

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by DeepGreenLawn, Jul 7, 2008.

1. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Here is the lot I am looking at to put my business so I can start selling, storing, creating my products.

This is an aerial view of the lot and a drawing of what I plan to do with it.

Attached Files:

2. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

thats a start, now what to sell?? is that road going to be re paved again, last time it was 5 years to finish.

also what about the zoning

3. DeepGreenLawn

No, I think they are done, how long has it been since you have been here? They have completely rebuilt olde town woodstock. It is beautiful but a whole new city at the same time. big 20 story condos with stores underneath and $300- $1 million town homes behind those, talk about nice! I don't think there is enough room to widen the road through there unless the take out the opposite side, the side with the old buildings and expand it that way. You got the railroads and everything to keep in mind. Which the same people have already bought that area from what I understand and have plans to do the same renovation. Woodstock is coming along.

4. DeepGreenLawn

I was thinking selling compost, ICT, potting soil (or is that compost too?), castings, mulch, whatever else you can come up with.

Then throw some little nick-nack things like a box with manure to make your own vermicompost, stuff like that. Thought also about having a organic vegetable garden, my dad has always wanted a fruit stand, and sell fresh vegetables. We could also have family days, if there is enough room, I was thinking the night of the tour, like what you do, if you don't mind me steeling your idea, we could have inflatables. Then at the same time use the inflatables to use at community events we would sponsor and put on.

You know? Like a green fair at the downtown park, and then do the same thing in Roswell and Alpharetta. Give back to the community and get the name out there at the same time.

I think that would be fun.

5. grass2cash

grass2cash LawnSite Member

Not to bust your bubble, but is there a market for that in your area (I live in Marietta)? Especially considering that we are in somewhat of a recession and some may view your services/products as a luxury opposed to a necessity, but then again you do live up there with the Richie Rich's. Good luck!

6. treegal1

grass its a lot more than grass, we are making a killing on victory gardens it this time, because of the un certain times

7. DeepGreenLawn

Well it is all in how you look at it. Woodstock has not been as receptive as Alpharetta and Roswell. But you got to think that this does much better with drough resistance and disease resistance. We can't seem to get out of this drought. Adapt and overcome. You can keep throwing down NPK which with the added stress of the heat and lack of rain is leading to diseases such as dollar spot that is rampid right now. Or you can put down a product that is slow release, retains water much better, helps to grow a truly healthy lawn, and after a few years will require less inputs to the point of not needing ANY inputs.

8. DeepGreenLawn

The biggest issue I have found is people believing that organics don't work. I just have to get some places, like the city park, that will be obvious and a good show ground.

9. DeepGreenLawn

victory gardens?

ahhh food gardens. I have seen a TON of those going lately too. A lot more than I have ever seen before. They are popping up everywhere.

10. treegal1

fire house ?????? eh

wiki???? its an 70 year old sales pitch