This is nuts !

Discussion in 'Employment' started by Marcus Drake Consultants, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Marcus Drake Consultants

Marcus Drake Consultants LawnSite Member

If you filed for H2B workers, our company would have found exactly what you were seeking and they would have arrived at the start of your season. Please contact us so we can put your company on our list for the upcoming season.
    The cost is low, the quality of the men is super, we supply people that WANT to work !

2. The Ripper

The Ripper LawnSite Member

I would like to be on the list for next year. I have some questions though:

1. I am guessing that we set up a place for them to stay. If I want it to be cheap for them it would be in anot so nice area is this ok?

2. After working hours what obligation do I have towards them?

3. Are they trained at all on what is ok to do in the US?

4. If I take there housing out of their pay are they going to flip?

5. Who do I call if I have a serious issue with one of them (violence?)

6. Will I know if they have a criminal background or not?

3. The Ripper

The Ripper LawnSite Member

Hello????????????????????????????????????????????????????

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

My thoughts exactly

5. Marcus Drake Consultants

>> we screen the people and most are friends or relatives of the people that are on our program now.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We use the H2B program. We try to get them a place close to where we are going to start the day and we look for low price. When you get new Visa you don't know if they are trained. We got 4 guys last year and none worked in Lawn care, but they learned fast. You usually have to help them with money needed for getting setup in the apartement. They need everything, bedding, pots pans etc. You take them to salvation army etc. You take some money out each week to pay off the initial outlay. These guys aren't looking toget into crime or they will be deported, and the US will NOT let them in on Visa if they have a record. There is a long process in checking them out...that is what you pay big bucks. You are way too late for getting people this year. We were informed Dec of last year that our new Visa quota had been reached and we have not been notified yet if they will raise the limit. We are bring guys that was with us last year that don't count against the new Visa Quota. Hope this helps.. We don't use Drake we use local Law office to get our guys. In the future we are going to proces the paper work ourselves because of increasing cost.

7. Marcus Drake Consultants

The local law offices do not specialize in this and are therefor very expensive. This is our business and therefor the price is right and we get results. try us The problem is the procedure is much more complicated and is getting harder.

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

This is not what we are told by our people....no more visas for this year at this time!!!