1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

this is the front page of our local newspaper this morning

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Hawg City Lawns, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

That is one of the most deadly things that happen to children. You're in their area. Ask them to remove the post so others are not inspired to do the same.

3. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

4. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

id love to richard but its on the front page 65,000 people are going to see that this morning i think ill make a phone call later and ask them to remove the picture from the internet though
  5. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

All it takes is grandpa to spin around once, and there goes "little Jonny", right under the mower. And involving a much more powerful commercial mower, this situation could be much worse than accidents involving residential mowers.

Makes a cute picture, but isn't something that should be put out there.
  6. BearWise Landscapers

BearWise Landscapers LawnSite Senior Member

Wow. I hope none of you do that.
  7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

What usually happens is the children get backed over. I'm sure old Pop Pop there is of his full faculties and would never back over little Jonny. It's at that point that a child is lost and Pop Pop spends the rest of his not very many remaining days grieving over what he did to little Jonny. And rightfully so.

Hey, I'm sure kids would look cute wing walking too but we don't allow that.
  8. fourbybud

fourbybud LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

9. mitw44

mitw44 LawnSite Member

Or Johnny gets in the discharge path of grampas mower and gets his eye put out with a rock! What a way to go through life remembering Grandpa.

Stupid, Stupid. Stupid.
  10. Cboy7

Cboy7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Fl

I let my 4 yr old drive it. Much safer than driving behind it!

oh and I keep mulching kit on .
    oh and he only drives on my lap. and he loves wearing the mower seat belt. but I train him saftey as well.

an open side discharge?? even a twig or a rock could take his eye out!