1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

this is the last time...I PROMISE!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snowmizer, Dec 26, 2003.

1. snowmizer

snowmizer LawnSite Member

allright i know ive hit you with this question before,but i do value your opinions so here it is what deal sounds best?? I am comfident in all 3 dealers and brands....and the choices are
    A- 2004 scag wildcat 27 hp air cooled kohler,60"in cut,soft ride seat,price $8000.00 +tax 8.25%.dealer 15 min. drive time

B- 2003 model EXMARK lazer Z 60" 27 hp kohler demo model with 15hrs. price $7885.00. +tax 8.25% dealer drive time 30 min.

C-2003 TORO 62"deck 25hp air cooled kawasaki price $7295.00 +tax 8.25% demo unit with 8hrs. dealer drive time 15 min.

last time i will ask...so what do you think A,B,or C I will buying next week.thanks once again!!!
  2. Yard Perfect

Yard Perfect LawnSite Member

I like the Toro, bugs are worked out and I assume that you will have full warranty. 2" is 2"
  3. TotalCareSolutions

TotalCareSolutions LawnSite Senior Member

What did your instinctz Zay, I mean say, after you demoed each of Zem?
  4. YLC1

YLC1 LawnSite Member

I own Toro equipment and have had great service out of it.I'm not sure of your prices as it has been a while since I've been shopping.But I would like to say that it seems Exmark stays ahead of the pack on making sure that innovations are available(ie:striping roller,belt driven bagging system,etc.)I can tell you from my experience the Exmark factory people are alot more accessable.Hope this helps with your decision.Richard
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

...in that order.

BTW, you mention nothing about the individual dealers. Dealer support can make all the difference in the world (even when prices are substantially different). IMO, I would talk a little with each dealer and inquire about their service and support program, parts availablity, loaner program (if they have one), shop capabilities, etc.
  6. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Looked at the new Toro 588E, 60'' turbo force deck?
    They come in liquid cooled too...

This deck is supposed to be a Lot better than the previous stamped SFS deck and the machine is more beafed up too...

Just a thought..

7. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Toro... the best priced. I could find a lot of other things to buy for the extra $600-$800 for the Exmark and Scag.
  8. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

Scag of course, Simply the Best!
  9. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

Exmark with a Kaw. is your best choice.
  10. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

i would go with scag#1, exmark#2, toro#3.

also-what is this scag wildcat--i havent heard anything about it before. excuse me if that is a dumb question and i just havent been paying attention:dizzy: