This Is To Everyone On This Site

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bigw, Jan 22, 2008.

1. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

I just want to apologize to everyone for the way i have been lately. I came here looking for help with getting my new lawn care business started and it seems that as time goes by i am beginning to worry and have been taking out my frustrations with the same people that could probably help me the most.I truly am sorry and hope you guys accept my apology.I do believe that i am going about starting my business in the best possible way that i can with the funds that i had available to me, but that don't mean i have all the answers because i know that i don't.Trust me don't think for a minute that i don't understand everything that you guys have been saying because i do and yes its scary but i refuse to throw in the towel without putting 110% into my business.I believe the lord has brought me to this venture and everything that i have been through in my life to this point will make it possible for me to succeed,including my 10 years of sales experience.If you guys knew me you would know that i am a very determined hard working man that sometimes gets tunnel vision and cant take constructive criticism very well and I'm working on that! I am also very passionite about everything i do. Well anyway i want you guys to know that i really appreciate all the advice and all the support that you have and hopefully still will give to me and i hope to give some good advice to you guys sometimes also_Once again I am sorry to anyone i offended in anyway.

2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Its ok don’t lose sleep over it these guys all have good harts:drinkup:

3. randosh4

randosh4 LawnSite Member

Get out there and SELL SELL SELL.

4. slammerjax

slammerjax LawnSite Member

Big W

I would listen to what the people here say, but don't take it to heart. I've been making good bucks cutting grass...planting plants...spreading mulch and manure for years. The first couple of posts I made here were returned with fire and brimstone...

It's easy to think this business fulltime is easy money. That's not the case. But if you really want to get out, work hard, sell your services, and back up your intentions you can make it.

Don't sell yourself short

TJ

5. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

Forget it, BigW. You have a lot riding on your business, as I'm sure most of us do. It can get a little scary at times. Comes with venturing out with a vision and being an entrepaneur. I'm sure I spelled that wrong... oh well. We all make mistakes. Hang in there.

6. barefeetny

barefeetny LawnSite Senior Member

We all have our moments...i don't take any of this stuff to heart.... I kind of like a good argument now and again..

its cheaper to argue with peers then customers or wives

we have much diffrent biz plans but i hope this works out for you.

you do have shiny new stuff and i have old faded stuff, but in the end i think we both have the same goals.

1 be profitable
    2 provide quality service
    3 work outside
    4 be our own bosses

and about 50 others that i can think of

I can't wait to see a pic of the shiny new equiptment all dirtied up a little

it means the season is going well

Nate

7. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Buck up little camper. Nobody is here to sh@@ in your cheerios. We dont all share the same beliefs or opinions. This place would be very boring if we did. As I see it, we are all here to share, argue, bicker and poke fun just like any good friend would do. If you take everything that is said here to heart, you'll be as stressed as my wife in rush hour traffic.
    A good saying that describes the members of lawnsite: We could learn alot from crayons: Some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors... but they all exist very nicely in the same box.
    Stick around, there's lots more to learn and share.
    Matt.

8. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

Well alright, but don't let it happen again! Just messin with ya:cool2:. I really have no idea what you did or think you have done to upset anyone. I have read a few of your posts and didn't think anything about them. It is a scary thing to go out on your own and run a successful business. I'm sure that everyone one here had the same feelings at one point or another. I wouldn't loose any sleep over any of it. We are all men (and a few women) that can take and give out so don't worry about us. Your biggest concern should be your business.

9. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I agree.

bigw, judging from your posts, it looks like your gonna have a top-notch opperation. Glad I don't have to compete against you:) I honestly think it's AMAZING that you have been able to pick up new customers this time of year like you have. Your off to a GREAT start IMO, I wouldn't be worried about anything.

10. CrystalCreek

CrystalCreek LawnSite Bronze Member

I really like the crayon quote. The whole world should take that one to heart. I too feel anger sometimes when some people give advise because it is like they are ordering you around but I try to step back and remember that most people are only trying to help. Everyone has their own way of giving advise. That is what makes life fun. Hang in their and best wishes. If you care enough to appolige to the web site, then you probable care a whole lot more about your biz. I believe that this is the foundation of any good biz.:)