This is too funny

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by South Florida Lawns, Aug 31, 2005.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

While at lunch today someone left a note on one of my 5 gal 2 cycle gas cans in the bed of my truck. It read; RAN OUT OF GAS and they left a 20 dollar bill under the can. Wow if they used it in their car I doubt it would even start. I kinda laughed some people just don't think, but I was surprised that they paid me, it was probably a senior citizen, anyone else would have just stole the whole can.

2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

LOL, at least they were honest, bet they did not get very far though.

3. liquidforcedude7

liquidforcedude7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from america

Thats soo funny cause I saw a guy at the post office today filling up his car with like 6 one gallon cans labled "45:0 two cycle mix" in bold sharpie on the outside.

4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I think it's surprising that they actually left you a $20. Too many dirtballs out there would have just taken it.

5. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Lol. It may have been okay though, just gummed up the works a little bit. Honest none the less.

6. Wolfie's L&L

Wolfie's L&L LawnSite Member

I hear a frivolous lawsuit in the future, for ruining his engine with 2-cycle :rolleyes:

Jason

7. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I was like who left this here and why. Then i saw the note. I gotta put the tailgate back on my truck so people cant see everything. Or keep the gas in the trailer, but that just builds up fumes. I think its time for transfer tanks in the bed.

8. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

i worked for a guy years ago that would run out of gas on his mowers and put in like 2 gallons of 2 stroke gas in. they always ran but they smoked quite a bit to.. he might have got the check engine light on cause of the o2 censor, but it should have ran.. that is funny but nice he paid..

9. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I have to admit, I was in a bind at the end of the day and ran a mower out of fuel. In went the 50:1. I only needed enough for 5 min of mowing. I could not tell the difference between 50:1 and regular. As soon as I finished, I went to the gas station and filled up with straight gasoline. Who knows what mixed gas will do to a fuel injected car. So, did the person that ran out of gas use your fuel and then return the can?

10. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

Sometimes we all need a little help in a pinch. I wouldn't think twice about helping out someone who ran out of gas, one day you might need some help. Kudos to the person for saying "thank you" with a 20.