This is unbelievable

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DynaMow, Sep 7, 2005.

1. DynaMow

DynaMow LawnSite Senior Member

I was able to land a new customer at the beginning of the year that was the father of a boy on my baseball team that I coach. He said his lawn looked like crap and asked if I could help. Nice house ($349,000), start mowing lawn, got his mulch work, tree plantings. Got me a nice job to redo the common areas at the end of there housing development. Weather was dry, asked me if I wanted to build him a deck, (nice expensive custom built deck) then a paver patio off the deck. Pays great, gave me a $400.00 tip on one of the deck billings.
    So any ways, I am over there the other day, we where shootin the breeze, and I mention to him that my neighbor was selling a truck that I always wanted, so on and so forth. We continue to talk about the future patio and after a while he excuses himself. Ten minutes comes back out to me, hands me a check for $3800 and tells me to go buy that truck. I of course refuse but he insists. Then tells me don't worry about payback we can work something out on labor, says we'll get it figured out. Told me to put truck title in my name. Says he knows I am trying to start and grow a business and he feels by doing this he is helping me acheive my goals.
  2. imdawrlus

imdawrlus LawnSite Member

jesus christ!! i think this customer's a keeper....
  3. I Cut Grass  Etc.

I Cut Grass Etc. LawnSite Member

You must be living right. :cool2:
  4. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

No written contract on that truck? Bobby dissaproves.
  5. DynaMow

I know I almost crapped my pants, plus he's only 31 years old, nice wife, 4 kids. He must be the one living right
  6. DynaMow

96 Ford F350, 4 x 4, long bed, runs, looks like new. Ready for a plow. I know one guy who will not be paying to get his drive cleared
  7. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

You got a '96 F-350 for under $4k? Those go for $7-$8k here.
  8. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

WOW! It PAYS to do a great job! I am patiently waiting to see if im in any wills of my older customers when they die...

That customer of yours deserves something special. You definately need to research what their favorite restaurant is, (the more expensive the better) and get some sort of a gift certificate for that plus a really good bottle of wine!
  9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

There are not many people like that left.
    Mostly because many of them have been screwed over and so forth.

Don't let him down...
  10. DynaMow

That is just what I am thinking