This is what happens when Joe Mow decides he can irrigate

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Dirty Water, May 6, 2006.

1. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

2. Harry0

Harry0 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

We are a full service landscape company. Irrigation service and installs, lawn maint., landscape installs and maint. ect. I've had my NJ irrigation liscense for 6 years. I probably forgot more than I remember during my classes. I guess I am not a"Joe Moe". That thread is very amusing.
    I will be checking it out for some good laughs.
  3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Booby doesn't know what he's talking about. On any subject. If anyone is stupid enough to hire him with his piss-poor attitude, they deserve to get screwed over. Right Booby?! :)
  4. LandscapePro

LandscapePro LawnSite Member

Well, ya gotta admit DW it was good for a laugh....

When LCO's attempt that sort of stuff here, the man in the white shirt with a La. Dept. of Agriculture emblem on the left sleeve shows up. :nono:

La. Landscape Contractor #2576
  5. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

We generally get 3 calls a week from customers having problems due to LCOs
    attempting repairs . I like to get a bit sarcastic when I am talking with the customer. " If your air conditioner quit , do you call the lawn guy? "

The big problem occurs when I go out to service a system under warranty and find a different brand head than we installed on the system , the customer tells me that the lawn guy hit it while airating and replaced it . I tell the customer how unfortunate that is , now that the lawn guy voided the warranty for the system and that the homeowner is now responsible to pay for all repairs . In order for us to put the warranty back in effect we must inspect the entire system , re do any repairs made by others and that this will cost $ 250 for an inspection plus parts.
  6. LandscapePro

LandscapePro LawnSite Member

Is this clearly spelled out in your contract for the installation?

That is when anybody touches the system other that you the warranty is voided?

La. Landscape Contractor #2576
  7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Repairs or adjustments by anyone other than the installer and/or his service people are reason enough to cancel a guarantee. Even without a separate passage(s) on the subject, it could fall under the general exclusion of system mistreatment/abuse.
  8. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

Its spelled out very well. How can anyone honor their warranty if the customer or another contractor comes in and screws things up