this is what i call being in control

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Nov 9, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

going over the recievables from october, i see i have one not paid. you see, the bills for the month of october, are do in my mailbox, by november 1st. he's 9 days late :nono: so i call on his machine:" hi mr. x, it's bob here, i was just going over my recievables and noticed you're overdue. if you can take care of that asap, i'd apreciate it." 2 hrs later, there's a knock on my door. it's him! cash in hand, apologizing, begging my forgiveness. now that is how you do it! thank you, have a nice day.

2. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

There's always that little extra in a bobbygedd story that puts it over the top.

:D

3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Did he happen to have a shovel in his hands?

4. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

He was probably afraid you was going to sent over a :gunsfirin "sweeper team" :gunsfirin to collect. I have read all about your "ways" of collecting your money.

5. bobbygedd

from NJ

no. he had the money in his hands. if he said, "i'm sorry" one more time, i would have barfed. pay attention you spineless lawngirls, this is how you do it!

6. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I keep my home address a closely guarded secret... but then again I don't have a shovel for backup.

Did you invite him inside for coffee or anything?

7. bobbygedd

from NJ

no, but i gave him a verbal warning for the lateness, and told him next time he won't be so lucky. "now get outta here before i throw you down the steps", was the last thing i said. he understood

8. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Truly being in control means not having late paying customers....................... :waving:

9. bobbygedd

from NJ

one out of 60 my man. that'll never happen again...i garentee it

10. desert rose gardening

desert rose gardening LawnSite Senior Member

I have a few customers that get upset when they forget to pay me and call and tell me I can come and get or they will send that day and say it will never happen again. Im sure we all have a few like that. Two years ago this long time customer who always gives me a box of See's candy for Christmass missed me on my last visit before Christmass. So she delivers it to my MOM'S house!!! Talk about embarrassing! I wonder how she got her address?