This is why is sucks being a one man opertation.......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by soloscaperman, Oct 1, 2010.

1. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

It's 2:30 and it stopped raining finally after 2 days. I will prolly only finish 3 lawns and it's going to be fun with the clumps. Mowing the laws that are heavily treated :-(. I am behind one day so it looks like I will be working Saturday. To the Northern guys like me, have fun.
  2. Casey'sLM

Casey'sLM LawnSite Member

Yeah I know how you feel, I only have 9 lawns that I do, but I was two days behind on them cause of the rain so I did the 5 I had to do yesterday. Not to bad since there not spaced apart so much.
  3. chris@perfectlawncare

chris@perfectlawncare LawnSite Member

I hate to say it, but I wish I had your problem. It has only rained like an inch in the past 30 days. :(
  4. DFLS

DFLS LawnSite Senior Member

In CT this rain is our first on well over a month. Dust everywhere, lawns browned out, even the crabgrass and weeds were starting to dry up. Been a very dry summer from July on up to a few days ago when it started raining heavily. Now we have soggy lawns and puddles everywhere.
  5. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

behind or not i love working solo.......

i work 6-7 days a week when i am on schedule, let alone behind.

2 days of rain and it quit at 2:30pm on the second day. i'd just take the rest of the day off and let things dry out a bit.

being 1 day behind is NOTHING.
  6. ^ I agree. 1 day is nothing. 2 is nothing depending on your accounts. Any more than 2 and the week is done.

I am in the process of training a guy and right now it is the same if I worked by myself but I don't want to be on the mower the rest of my life.....everything has its up and downs.
  7. chris@perfectlawncare

chris@perfectlawncare LawnSite Member

Yeah, right now even our dust is drying out. Make way for landscaping! :weightlifter:
  8. grassdude

grassdude LawnSite Member

I don't see where a solo operator that has been on this site for only 10 months and has over 1500 posts has any time to cut grass.
  9. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

Yup, lawns really are not growing here anymore anyway. 2 more cuts maybe? There is no getting behind as of now.
  10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Ouch! [​IMG]

I lost this whole week to almost 20 inches of rain in 5 days. It happens. Fortunately I'm now well set up for the month of October. I called the one customer that I thought might not be happy because I skipped him yesterday (Thursday) and he had no problem waiting a week and he understood.