This is why the legit companies go out of business

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by grassmedics, Aug 22, 2007.

1. grassmedics

grassmedics LawnSite Member

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Oh man come on now, you know this start up is fixing to get a tail whooping so bad it ain't even funny ...

He said $15 "no matter what..." :cry:
    In a classified section, on craigslist ...
    Man I tell you, I had a decently worded ad on that thing once and I got some pretty rough calls out of it, and nothing but.
    The one job that could've turned into a regular customer I just got paid for, over a year later.
    Made me swear off classifieds for good, at least for my business. :laugh:

No serious customer of mine is too likely to bolt over this, but he will most likely get calls from folks with stuff 3 feet tall, BIG lots, and stuff that's all threwn with garbage and crap, poor guy I about feel sorry for him, at least he's trying.

It'll be alright, it's not the end of the world, I am sure of it.
  3. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

They will not be around long at those prices
  4. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

5. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

6. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

I have really never targeted customers that these craiglist guys do so I'm not the least bit worried about their "competition". I have a few customers that have lost their mind or are losing their minds and even they would know that something is wrong with a $10-15 cut...
  7. sweatyclippingcoveredguy

sweatyclippingcoveredguy LawnSite Member

lol the grass in the picture isn't even cut! I bet it's his backyard!
  8. sweatyclippingcoveredguy

sweatyclippingcoveredguy LawnSite Member

"hey what are you doing with that camera in my backyard" yells the homeowner to the illegal alien trying to get in the biz.
  9. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Is that the level that you compete on?

Yes those guys suck, but they are everywhere.

I guarantee these guys aren't the ones putting legit companies out of business!!!! Your doing something else wrong if your worried about those types of lco's.......
  10. grassmedics

grassmedics LawnSite Member

never said i was worried about them, and yes i do post my service on craigslist, actually have a few very good clients that came from there. Im sorry that im not the huge company that you are yet, but i will be there. sometimes i wonder how the guys who think they are too good for themselves keep their customers. i thought this was a helpful site, not one to put other LCO's down.:nono:

Side note to All Toro4me, i saw that post about the competition, and it makes me laugh, because i would never put down the competition, i feel its just bad for business to bad mouth someone else. thanks for the post thats not trying to put another company down