This is why you better have insurance....

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by THEGOLDPRO, Aug 7, 2012.

1. joel29m

joel29m LawnSite Senior Member

I hit a double panel glass door awhile back only busting the outside glass. Agreed to buy another door, priced it , calls them to get it up and the homeowner tells me not to worry about it due to all the crap them kids leave in the yard , wrenches, screws toys, etc. I dropped that yard the next season.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. chips17

chips17 LawnSite Member
    from PA

just hit a ladder today, unfortuntly wasnt one of those cheap fiberglass ones. it was one of those 16 foot roof ladders off a fire truck which has a price tag of an arm and a leg. well see how this plays off...

3. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

Insurance is such a scam. We pay all this money but never make a claim. I would have paid out of pocket too.

Your glass guy seems a little high. Were those name brand windows? Why couldnt he just replace the one payne?

4. Would it really have gone through the roof? Off a $900 claim? Would it have gone up at all? I've had to make 2 claims on vehicles in the past 6 or 7 years through statefarm(1 my fault, the other some jerk with no insurance) and neither time did my rates go up....
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

And of course all that money paired out over the years and I never filed One claim, now I want my money back:dizzy:, in the real world you get what you pay for.
    easy-lift guy

6. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Do i really wanna find out if it will over a few windows?

7. No, I'm just asking out of curiosity...maybe someone else had a similar experience...that's all.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

You guys are making me worry. I just picked up an aprartment complex.

9. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Agreed.

Commercial Insurance is way different than your general Auto policy. There is an expectation that s**% will happen and rates generally stay flat regardless of a few claims.

I've discussed this all with my agent. The only way you would see an increase due to a claim is if you made a ton of claims in one year, then the insurance provider would raise some questions.

10. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I've had two claims on broken glass. Turned them both in and didn't pay anything out of pocket. Ins. didn't go up either. If I'm paying for insurance I'm using it.