1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

This may help some of you out

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by CrystalCreek, Jan 24, 2008.

1. CrystalCreek

CrystalCreek LawnSite Bronze Member

As some of you know, I'm new hear and have only posted a few times. I have gained so much from this site that I would like to give some back.

For anyone looking to gain customers, here are a few ideas.

I purchased a few plastic business card holders from office max. There are like a dollar or two each. Load them up with business cards. Place the card holders at places of disposable income. Coffee Shops, donut shops,etc. Get permission first, otherwise the owners will probable just throw them out. Your local home supply shops are a good place. The mom and pop type. Box Stores are to big. I have done this about two weeks ago and already two dozen calls or so with four contracts signed. Not to bad for like twenty bucks or so. As for business cards, I found a company call North East Business Supply. (NEBS.COM) I got 2000 business cards for about $55. Good quality with all the trimmings. Even Color:)

I tried this on a friends suggestion and I seems to be working. I hope some of you can benefit from it.:usflag:
  2. huntlawncare

huntlawncare LawnSite Member

sounds like a good idea thnks for sharing
  3. LawnMastersTx

LawnMastersTx LawnSite Member

I have seen this done many times with other companies. I have even taken the cards and used the services they were selling. Good place is talk to the local gas station around where you do business. Put those card holders up on the gas pumps if you can get the owner to let you do that.

ED'S LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

I do this with postcards. Did fairly decent last fall with aerating and fertilizing. I put them in gas stations, smoke store, and 2 restuarants.

Cost vistaprint free 100 cards $5 shipping

extra service from those calls $3800 ka ching