This may sound silly but

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by South Florida Lawns, Feb 22, 2011.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Anybody go to Disney or Bush Gardens and only look at the landscaping? The few times I been to both places as a kid (cant stand long lines/crowds) I only really paid attention to the landscaping.

I saw that picture in the other thread of the mickey logo outta pansies and that reminded me of the killer landscape designs they use.

I bet I'm one of the very few that would buy a ticket just to see the green part of these parks. Heck drink beer all day long at bush gardens, and look at the neat designs, I may have to take a trip this year.

2. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

I have a platinum pass to the previous Busch parks. My aunt use to be in charge of Epcots horticulture about 10 years ago now. I always look at the landscape at sea world then I go look at the reef tanks. I don't even ride the rides anymore.

3. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

My wife makes me go to Disney about every other weekend if she can. I do just as you have mentioned. I spend more time looking at the landscape than I do the rides.

A couple of weeks ago when I was there I was noticing right outside of the entrance to the Magic Kingdom they push mow as it was evident from the tracks in the turf. Hard to believe that they would not push productivity.

I would had to guess what those guys spend on plant materials alone in a year, but I can tell you if you see a plant in decline, it will most likely not be there when you visit next week! If only our customers would just let us pull and replace.....we would all be to busy to post on LS:laugh:

4. Landscape Poet

Sea world is not bad either......I do not care for Universal's efforts.

5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Yo

Last time I remember being in Disney World was 5 years ago to meet with Bobby Gedd and his family. Bobby being from NJ had no idea what our plant are and was amazed I knew all the names. Hello they are the plant I deal with every day.

MY POINT IS. While it has been a while since I was in Disney World, the MAINTENANCE HAS SLIPPED BAD. Whites Flies and scale on the plants and dirt and dust on the building that use to be cared for daily. Now that was in good times when money was flowing. I am wondering what it is like now that we are in a recession

6. TYCINC

TYCINC LawnSite Member

Its everywhere I go, not just theme parks. . landscaping is a way of life

7. TYCINC

TYCINC LawnSite Member

and I notice a ton of **** work. I just dont get it, it pisses me off- Id never leave a job that way, and if I did I know the client wouldnt let it fly- but it flies for these other dumbasses

8. Landscape Poet

Did they mistake that little short guy for one of the seven dwarfs?

9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Mikey

I believe Bobby Gedd was ban long before you became a member on LS. However Bobby and Calvin have got to be the most infamous members that LS ever had. I used to Bump Calvin's most famous thread once a year for the new member before the mods closed it.

10. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Thats crazy about Disney, bet its from cutbacks.

I have heard some crazy rumors from downstairs about BG being paid to make posts, ya know to stir things up on LS and get ppl posting. he always managed to come back under different names.

Calvin was a great poster, I think he had the post about taking a 36 wb down a set of stairs in a customers gated back yard, only to find out that there was now way to get the mower back up so he left it and had to dissasemble part of the fence or something.

There was another totally crazy member gardepanzer or yardpanzer forget the name he would post threads and you could totally tell when he was on and off his meds.

My fav guys on here was fairway