This may sound silly but

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by South Florida Lawns, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

That does not mean that I do not know who he is or that I have not had interaction with him Ricky. So like I asked, did that short little man get attacked by some kids that were thinking he was a dwarf.

2. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

That does not mean that I do not know who he is or that I have not had interaction with him Ricky. So like I asked, did that short little man get attacked by some kids that were thinking he was a dwarf?:laugh:

3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Fairway and Calvin are the same guy. Actually he has used a dozen different names.

4. DLCS

The last time I was at Disney World was in November of 2009. I was more interested in the landscapes than the rides.:)

5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Gardenpanzer was Power Reel also and he used a Reel Mower. However his real job was Hydroponic farming a commercially viable crop. His Farm is now located in LEGAL Calf.

DLCS

Yep old Calvin was a real joker, His Mower down the steps thread was published in Turf Magazine I believe. It has been Copied and Pasted all over the Internet.

Back on Subject::

DLCS

I don't think coming from the Mid West and not knowing Florida Landscape, you can fully appreciate how unkempt Disney World is today Compared to before the Disney Euro bath. At one time a very well trained staff took excellent care of Disney. LS Members like Tim Smith(ATAK) Greg Alman and Marc Smith got excellent hand on training working at Disney World working with a very educated Staff & Management.

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Just had to add

Back in the Late 1960's up until about 10 years ago Disney World was considered the PLACE to work as an apprentice. It did not matter what field you were in, Disney was the PLACE. Many people with College Degrees went work at Disney just so they could put it on a resume. Many of these people went on to very rewarding Professions because of their Disney Experience. No I never had or took the opportunity to learn at Disney World.

7. DLCS

Ric,

I noticed a couple of years ago that Valley did most of the lawn and landscape maintenance at Disney and their surounding properties, is thats till the case?

8. DLCS

I know quite a few from my area who went to Disney after college for internships and to have Disney listed on their resume. One was a proffesional dancer that started his career with Disney.

9. abrightday

abrightday LawnSite Member

I worked in Disney Pest Management in the early to middle 90's, I was taking care of Port Orleans, Dixie Landings, MGM, and Epcot, also did service calls all over resorts 2nd shift,, as I understand it from some of my buds still working there, they are out sourcing more and more,,people are worried about their jobs,,but hey, when I had it we spared no effort to keep the place looking great! But it turned more and more into do more and more, for less and less,, I saw the writing on the wall and started my own business.:clapping:
    www.YourLandscapePro.com
    Boy the stories I could tell,, I should write a book,,,

10. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

DLCS

Yes all professions but those wishing to get into acting or performing really got a break at Disney. I think a internship in the performing arts is still a good ticket.

A bright day

Yes a lot people had opportunities at Disney. Some just did not absorb the wonderful knowledge and are still asking questions instead of answering them.