1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

This must be a really big company

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DynaMow, Aug 13, 2006.

1. DynaMow

DynaMow LawnSite Senior Member

I get a publication called Light and Medium Truck, and in the July issue they had an article called Top 100 Commercial Fleets. Number 1 was UPS w/ 66,772 trucks, then Coca Cola w/ 54,000 units.
    A company called ValleyCrest Companies, based in Calabasas, CA was ranked #38 w/ 3,207 trucks. My god thats got to be a very big, involved landscape company. I could not even imagine operating something of that size. Brickman (a company mention here often) was #90 w/1,670 trucks. As a side note #12 was a Asplundh, w/10,500 and #43 was Davey Tree w/2,951, both are tree service companies. Found to be a very interesting articles.

2. DynaMow

I just visited their website and I see 2 things of interest. 1 is they do phenomenal projects and 2 I just got educated on who runs US Lawns.
    I have to guess this ValleyCrest company has to be the biggest most diversified landscape and lawn company in the country
  3. JG Landscaping

JG Landscaping LawnSite Member

wow..... I can't even imagine a ladscape company of that size. Amazing work too.
  4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Valley Crest operates all over the country. If you live near a big city chances are you have heard of them.
  5. DynaMow

I live near big cities and have never heard of them personnaly, but I don't know everything, only have heard and seen the US Lawns division
  6. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

us lawns is not a "division" is a franchise they own so that they can tap the residential market and pickup all of the commercial work for a lower rate the what valleycrest bid it.
  7. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

Don't forget Trugreen....AKA Servicemaster Iwould think that the Chemlawn and landscare division of TG would surpass valley Crest in fleet size.

You want to see some of Valley Crest work up close. Go to Disney World. Valley Crest is one of the main install contractors (hardscapes and landscapes) for Disney in Orlando. They also use Vila and Son as well