This office job is about to drive me nuts!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JDeere Fan, Sep 14, 2004.

1. JDeere Fan

JDeere Fan LawnSite Member

I don't know if I can stand sitting in this office much more! I am so ready to go full time I could scream. Only problem is that we are going into the slow season. Guess I need to try to stick it out with the office job through the winter but it sure is tough to think about that right now! :realmad: Need to go door to door tonight with fall flyers! Time to get this thing going!

2. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Deere,

I feel your pain. I'm in the office today, and just got a call on my cell for another retaining wall (they saw some other work I did). I keep thinking I just need to roll the dice and make the jump. There will probably never be a perfect time, and certainly the good Lord is not going to stop by and say "Now's the time, Mark" -- I guess it's for me to figure out. Buy a plow and hope for snow to get through the cold season.

f'ing health insurance is the only thing holding me back. :realmad:

The good part is, I can feel it coming. I know this is gonna work out in the long run. :D

3. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Being keep from doing what you want to do is a painfully experience. Take this time to continue working on getting your business up and running for next year.

Gravely_Man

4. GreenMonster

from NH

Yes, painful indeed. You're right though -- focus on growing for next year.

I have to keep it in perspective. I wouldn't be as well set-up with equipment if I didn't have the income from this job to get me rolling.

5. JDeere Fan

Guess it is going to be a long winter. I just need to be out there spending some money on advertising, putting out flyers etc. Its kinda hard to make the jump with not much to fall back on. I guess flyers door to door in the evenings is the best bet right now. Any other ideas?

6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

What are you guys waiting for? Made the jump long time ago and never looked back. If your boss came in right now and said your fired :cry: you would be out there getting it done. Will there be tough times ? Absolutly! thats what seperates the guys that want to do this from the ones that only see some easy money. Prepay some health ins while your at your current "jobs" and tell them if your gonna work for a paycheck at least you will set the terms :waving: Then go get some work, every minute you sit at your other job is 1 minute less that you have to devote to your own LCO and 1 minute more that another co has to devote to it. payup payup

Mac

7. JDeere Fan

VERY TRUE... Nerve wrecking though! But on the flip side if we quit right now we would probably work a lot harder to find work and also have more time to find work!

8. GreenMonster

from NH

That should read:

If you boss came in right now and said your fired :waving: :D

You certainly make good points Mac. Please shut up now, because you are motivating me to walk out the door :waving:

Seriously, like most, it's just a fear of making the jump. With a baby girl and wife at home, I can't give up health ins. Like you said though, if I HAD to do it, I would. So, why am I still here? I guess what I have is a known commodity and I have a feeling of security. That said, I can't keep burning the candle on both ends -- I'll be dead before I'm 35! :help:

9. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

10. GreenMonster

from NH

Mac,

ever consider motivational speaking as a side gig?
    :D