This one's for my Mower Mentor, 65Hoss

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GarPA, May 12, 2002.

1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Well Hoss I hate to admit it but you're right again...yesterday I started a new commercial account...they fired the other bozo for bad cut quality. I raised the price by 25% and got the job. Well it had not been mowed in 10 days...grass up over the tires....so I get the hp52 crankin about half speed and that thing did an awesome job...went over it twice and the guy comes out and says his property never looked so good....said it looked like "a baseball field on tv"(and I took the striper off a few weeks ago!...dont like it on smaller properties).....So Eric you were right...I'm actually be begining to like (we're not at 'love' yet) this little work horse....

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

:blush: :D :blush:

Experience with these mowers makes a huge difference. Not to mention fun instead of work.

The cut quality can't be beat. I've had many people ask me to do a 1 time job and then I get called back to start doing it always just because they can't make it look as good.

Glad to see your getting used to it and its bringing you business. I would bet after this one, people will notice and more calls will come in.

:blob4:eXmark:blob4: eXmark:blob4: eXmark:blob4:

3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

dont mean to butt in to a private thing. but did u mow at half throttle ,or did i mis somethin.

4. Big G

Big G LawnSite Member

AWM:

I think he means half speed, full throttle.

5. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

half speed full throttle is how i took it, about 4 mph or so i'd bet.

i had the same thing happen with my 36 on a front yard i was doing. neighbor asked if i could do it for them once and then it became a permenant thing.

6. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

yes guys it was full throttle at 1/2 speed....I;ve heard all the warnings about making sure these airr cooled engines get all the air possible....they do seem to work real hard...I continue to be surprised how you can barely seee tire tracks with this 800 lb toy on a very small footprint...

7. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

glad you like it Kitzy, what's even stranger is how that big of a machine won't leave tire tracks but your run of the mill homeonwer 21" will leave em every time. guess it's the hard plastic.

8. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

roger on that 65. it was before id had my first cup of coffee.:) im subject to miss a lot then.

9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

You don't get on the Lazer before the coffee do you? ;)

10. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

not before the coffee nor after the [doctor prescribed glass o wine.;)
    man i got a good doctor:D