This $#%^#@^@ Rain!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rywnygc, Apr 22, 2011.

1. rywnygc

rywnygc LawnSite Senior Member

I finally got to work the last two days, but they were small jobs. I have so many big jobs lined up, but cant get to them because the lawns are soaked.

Why is it that the crap lawns are nice and dry, yet the lawns around the big money houses (and jobs) can't drain for crap? A week without rain would be amazing.

On the other hand, the jobs I've done the last two days have come out great. I finally pursuaded my customer to let me take out a 15' Arb that looked like a bag of smashed azz today. After taking it out, it looks soooo much better. Once every thing is done and planted in a couple weeks, I may post some b4 and after pics. I just wish this stupid Western New York spring rain would let up a bit.

Pointless thread, I know....but so are 80% of the
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

You won't get much argument out of me there.
  3. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

Ain't that the truth! :laugh:
  4. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I feel ya! Its been nothing but rain, rain, rain here too. There's nothing better than laying mulch in wet snow at 9am.
  5. go cry to the guys in Texas.
  6. Baytownlawncare

Baytownlawncare LawnSite Member

Send it to Texas! Man we need the rain!
  7. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm with ya!! Yesterday we mulched beds... Rain at 8am, snow by 10, all the while 50 mph winds. Just as we broke for lunch around 1pm the sun shined bright and looked promising. Then, just as we stepped out of Taco Hell to resume work.... more snow! Wind and rain again today....looks like chance of rain every day for at least the next 7 days. UGGHHHHH
  8. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Atleast when it is raining the grass is not growing.
  9. R & R Yard Designs

R & R Yard Designs LawnSite Senior Member

Grass is not growing at all up this way. Not yet but I will take off next week when it gets in the high 60s.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. rywnygc

rywnygc LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, I wont be mowing for another week and a half or so yet. I'm just glad I've been able to do the work I've done. My first winter in WNY, so it's been really long. My buddy back in Indiana has been doing everthing but major planting for almost 3 weeks now.