This really stinks.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Trinity Lawn Care LLC, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I am still waiting on the state to get me back my reg#. I was told that if your application is in then you can go ahead and do biz as normal, advertise, etc. This is all well and good. I can do a samll flyer campaign, or newspaper ad. However, I can not buy in bulf doorhangers or plyers or business cards etc., because once you have your reg# it has to be displayed in all advertisments, estimates, contracts, invoices, etc. It would really stink to have 10, 20, 30k doorhangers made up that I would wind up not being able to use. I just had to vent a little. I feel like I am at a stand still right now.

2. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

Is that part of the new laws New Jersey passed last session? I'm not opposed to the idea of all businesses being licensed, but one would hope that the gov't would have the manpower in place to process the required paperwork before enacting the law. Same crap as always when the gov't is concerned...hurry up and wait.

3. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

from NJ

work_it, yes it it a part of the new law that they passed. They are apparently really backed up with applications right now. I am not sure of the turnaround time. However, I had mine by Nov. or Dec.. The deadline was Dec.31st. If the gov. says that we have to do certain things than I want to be in full compliance. I do not want to be the one that they make an example of. However, I do not want it to hurt my business either by tying my hands in regards to effective advertising.

4. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

from NJ

Is anyone else in NJ holding off on there advertising due to this?

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

To be perfectly honest Rob, I wouldn't worry about it (your door hangers) that is. If anybody asked me, I would tell them they are leftovers from last year before the law went into effect.

6. EliteImpressions

EliteImpressions LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

7. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

from NJ

Cool, thanks for the input guys. I have had so much on my mind recently that I didn't want to have to worry about advertising.

Rod- That makes perfect sense. I guess the bottomline is I am playing by the rules and the app is in, so I shouldn't worry to much.

Joe- No, I have not tried that site. I will check it out. The good news is my app is in. I have actually received a phone call from the state regarding it. The originally said that they wanted a copy of my dec page, and they called and asked for a certificate of Gen Liab. I figured that is a good sign that they are looking at my app.

Thanks again.

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Exactly...plus I'm carrying around my cancelled check to show anyone in case they start asking questions.