this seems to be the best 60 inch ztr deal i can find.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bigfish5, Mar 27, 2010.

1. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

I had owned Toro, Exmark, Scag, Hustler, and Kubota. I have owned 3 Toro Zmaster (500 series) and currently own a Zmaster Diesel (500 series of course).

You will not be disappointed with Toro quality or pricing, I can almost guarantee you. I have not met a single person around here who has not been pleased with Toro.

The 500 series Toro are great mowers, as I said I have owned a variety of mowers and always find my way back to Toro. I really like to "test" new/different brands of mowers and that is why I have owned a variety of brands. I have yet to find a mower that has the same match of quality and value as the Toro.

I would strongly suggest getting the TurboForce deck, this is the only deck I have owned on my Toro. I have heard some negatives about the "non turboforce" 7 gauge deck, so I would definitely get the TurboForce.

As far as that pricing, that sounds like a very good price. At least better then anything around here, that is for sure. I would not go with an engine smaller than a 27hp Kohler on a 60" deck and as stated before absolutely get the TurboForce deck. Back in 2007 I got a 2006 Toro 52" w/ TurboForce deck and 27hp Kohler engine for $6800 (from a dealer that had problems with Toro headquarters and was discontinuing carrying Toro), and I was told that I got it for about $200 more than what they had bought it for directly from the manufacturer. Also, keep in mind that that was back in 2007 so there has been a bit of inflation since then.

If you have any other questions you can shoot me a PM as I am pretty familiar with Toro 500 series mowers.

2. crocs27

crocs27 LawnSite Member

I have the exact model you seem to be speaking of and can tell you I have had no issues whatsoever. I will tell you I only have 26 hours on it and the kohler does burn oil but the 7 guage has done everything i have wanted it to do. It does well on hills and has burned through tall grass with ease. I paid 7350 for it back this month. The next mower i get will probobly be another toro and i will upgrade to the turbo force deck. Good Luck

3. rtharris

rtharris LawnSite Senior Member

Posted via Mobile Device

4. rtharris

Theres nothing wrong with them
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. brodo374

brodo374 LawnSite Member

Are you saying that on a brand new mower the kohler is burning oil already?

6. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

I've heard talk about the Kohler 27hp having problems too. Maybe someone that knows can elaborate. As far as the Toro goes ask them to let you demo it if you like it buy it. Never buy a mower you've never tried without a demo.

Then demo a few others don't take anyones word on what is junk what is not.
    The dealer is important. The John Deer 910 would be my choice over the Toro,
    or at least I would do a comparison. The BB Outlaw would also be in that price range and worthy of a demo. If nobody wants to let you demo their mowers, go to a better dealer.

7. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

If you want the right answer sometimes you got to answer the question yourself...:laugh:

8. rtharris

Posted via Mobile Device

9. rtharris

u should listen to the bad boy fanatics i did and im totally satisfied with mine and have a lot of money left over if u want tn spend a lot more money and get no more mower then go for it just trying to help u save somehard earned cash fanatics are the way they are because they believe in their cause just like some other different brand ownerson lawnsite whatever floats your boat its ur money and decision
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. rtharris

Posted via Mobile Device