this should be a crime

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JBird, Jul 17, 2004.

1. JBird

JBird LawnSite Member

these pictures aren't real good, the sun was really bright but believe me, you'll get the point.
    A large portion of my accounts are athletic fields and complexes. One is at a local middle school. During the "off season" the fields are cut bi-weekly and actually it's the best thing for them they get a chance to replenish themselves and I can work on the worn traffic areas. Imagine if you will my shock and horror when I showed up today to cut and found out that the IDIOT janitor had graciously helped me out. Oh, only if i had a rope and a tree close by!!!

2. JBird

JBird LawnSite Member

and this picture says another thousand words or so.

3. JBird

JBird LawnSite Member

And just one more to drive it home. I really do wish the pictures did this butchering justice. And, yes the first thing I did was place a call to the Commissioner of the league and then to the school.:angry:

4. blankenshiplawncare

blankenshiplawncare LawnSite Senior Member

The pictures are hard to determine the problem. It looks like he scalped the yard pretty bad and missed some areas. Is this correct?

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Was it a craftsman????

6. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

LCO= $40.00-$60.00 per hour.---- Janitor $8.00 -$12.00 per. The grass is short and they saved $30.00. Don't cause too much stink as they might figure this out.
    Sometimes we care a lot more about our lawns than the people paying our invoices.

7. JBird

JBird LawnSite Member

Blank..,Scalped you say, I would say he had a bent blade or severly unleveled deck and dug rows, and yes he skipped some small areas......about 6 inch strips every three feet or so.

PM..I think your right. I waqs so ashamed I parked my rig around back so nobody would see my company logo.....

8. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

J-BIRD--nice stripes man! how did you get that "stripe effect"?

JUST KIDDING MAN!!! let me send you some RAIN so you can recover!

GEO :D

9. SouthernFried

SouthernFried LawnSite Senior Member

How'd he get those cool grooves in the ground like that? They look like he had one of his back wheels locked up so it skidded over the surface. Was it nice and wet?

Sorta like doing donuts on a golf course green...right after its been watered... in a ford truck... at 3 am on a tuesday night in 1983.

Man, I'd sure like a picture of a the mower that did that.

How much you wanna bet...there's a flat tire involved in this crime.

10. JBird

JBird LawnSite Member

Geo,

I'm thinking of submitting this device for a pat. #. You know, the more I look at it I think this could catch on somewhere. Not here of course, but somewhere. The new lawn fashion statement.

Southern,
    I thought about that for a moment, and then I said to myself, "Self, no one person could be that stupid, to run that long, pass after pass with something so wrong that you don't stop and check it out". And surprisingly enough, self said to me, "Well dummy the proof is right in front of you, look out through those tear filled eyes to what used to be a beautiful soccer field and see just what kind of idiot we're dealing with. So after long discussions with myself I have determined that this, my friend, is most definitely "one of those kinda idiots. I can't wait to see him and commend him on his tremendous job, just hope my temper holds!
    Help...send me warm rainy nights and mild warm days.QUICK.
    P.S. He mowed the all the fields...about five acres. Danm over achiever.