1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

This small truck is awsome.

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by KPW LawnCare, Apr 17, 2010.

1. KPW LawnCare

KPW LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Must be nice to have that kind of money.

Here's the kind of truck I would be looking for:

On another note they ain't got squat, that's the only one I could find in some kind of
    condition that was a half decent price... It needs a bit of work but all the rest were
    high priced and high mileages...
    And it's still not exactly what I would want but...

I'd be all for keeping the current truck running, it ain't looking real good from my perspective.
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  3. trimmerman151

trimmerman151 LawnSite Member

we have a 96 ford explorer that makes so many noises, the front wheel pops going down the road and it engages in 4 wheel drive by itself i think its trying to kill me
  4. rjh4758

rjh4758 LawnSite Member

For that kind of cash you can buy a full size. That thing won't have the power or towing capacity I would want.
  5. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

You could at least haul two twelve packs of pbr in that thing.
  6. Cboy7

Cboy7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Fl

thats my thoughts as well.

Just happens that I read this new article this week.
    not saying its a terrible truck , but a better value would be to just get a full size. consider resale value as well.
  7. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I would reconsider, you could buy a 1/2 ton and set it up like that for 20k. Cool concept as the park district hear uses the ranger with those style beds, but only for a couple of push mowers and trimmers...
  8. StrokerTurbo7.3

StrokerTurbo7.3 LawnSite Member

I'm not sure what those go for with a standard bed but i'd venture to say you are paying quite a bit more for that style bed that really wouldn't come in handy at all. When you factor in the weight rating for that truck I mean.
  9. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

Hes already got the truck...just looking at the aluminum bed i believe, which is on the truck he put the link up for.
  10. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

Geez, is that what the 1994 Dodge rams are going for now?!!! I remember that year was the first year Dodge brought out their new body style and those things were as popular as could be!! Wasnt it like 15 or more years since their last body style change? Everyone kept calling them baby kenworths! Did ya notice the ad said it didnt look that great? I think I could put up with the exterior cosmetics for that price!!