This stander is the coooolest!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cochino12, May 20, 2006.

1. cochino12

cochino12 LawnSite Senior Member

Damn I love this mower, I only have about 200 hrs on it but cant believe how nice and FAST it is. It's a 48" rapid height for anyone who cares. It holds hills awesome (once I realize transferring my weight helped) and saves me soo much time. Anyway just wanted to let anyone know who is consider buying one to do it!

2. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

We Want Pictures!!!
  3. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Perfect timing! I am hoping to head out to the Wright dealer in my area some time in the next few weeks and kick the tires of a 48" Stander, maybe even demo one for a day...

Couple of ?'s re your purchase:

1.Did you get the 17 or 19 hp KAW? Plenty of power?

2.How is the quality of cut (especially in lush, wet grass)? What blades are you using and what blades have you used? What types of grass are you cutting with it?

3.What is the learning curve on this machine? I drove one around a parking lot a couple of years ago and it seemed very user friendly...

4.How well does it mulch?

5.What was the final cost?

6.After 200 hrs, is there ANYTHING about the machine that you can't 'stand' (pun intended)?

Thanx in advance :waving: !
  4. Those machines are great. I demo them every year at the EXPO in Louisville. I can see how with a little practice you could get really proficient on one of those machines.

Good luck with yours.

5. JS Landscaping

JS Landscaping LawnSite Member

I recently bought a 48" stander in march and have put about 100 hours on it. Works great for any type of property, we service a variety that range from wide open to highly detailed, hilly to flat. Definatly a great all around mower, leaves a beutiful cut. Today we ran into our first probelm tho, the saftey switch that is on the stand on plate went bad. Dealer already has one in stock to switch out on monday, under warrenty. Great machine, we hope to add 2 more to our fleet. Highly recomend them!

6. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

going to be purchasing one soon...

I see many companies going fast as hell on them and cuts come out perfect
  7. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

That is correct! Blows wbs out of the water. Very sweet machines.
  8. Adam3669

Adam3669 LawnSite Senior Member

ah, i run a 36" stander RH. Love it.

Good luck with your purchase man.

9. Phaneuf

Phaneuf LawnSite Member

[​IMG] I've never tried one or even seen one in use but this mower seems sweet. That design makes perfect sense. I'm lookin to fly solo next season and this stander has really got me turned on!!
  10. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

Can you man handle a stander like you can with a wb?