1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

this stinks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turftracerhp, Apr 11, 2013.

1. turftracerhp

turftracerhp LawnSite Member
    from mo

here in mo i mowed all last week got a tan and was so excited to be back to work.now its 35 today and windy and the grass is gonna stop growing.i want to smack mother nature.

2. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

She smacked us pretty hard last year. You might consider shining her shoes instead.

3. JDGlandscape

JDGlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

That is frustrating isnt it? Ill trade with you though, I was doing cleanups all week and starting to make some progress and now in NH they're forecasting snow. I am already a month behind what I was last spring

4. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

Mother nature says: "Sorry about last summer's drought conditions. Here, let me make it up to you with some extra moisture. Oh, sorry that's not exactly right either... whoops!"

5. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

i just hope this summer isn't as bad as last

6. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

I thought '11 was really bad...then '12 kicked it to the curb...HARD.

7. JMK26

JMK26 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Missouri

In Mo as well and temps have been forecasted to be low, but it doesn't really matter. I mowed last week, and we've had temps in the 60's & 70's which caused the grass to grow for this weeks schedule. Mowed yesterday and getting ready to head out now.

A couple weeks of warm temps then 2 days of low temps then jumping back into the 60's isn't going to bring a screeching halt to spring growth.

The only thing that may cause delays in next week's schedule is the rain for the first 3 days of the week.

8. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto.

The grass isn't going to stop growing now that it's out of dormancy. It would take multiple days at 30* for night time temps to get it to really slow down. Cool season grasses thrive in this weather.

9. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

No doubt. Why piss her off even more. It's a woman, you need to treat her nice.

10. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Unfortunately she has turned Bi-Polar the last couple of years.....